Big Shout Out to Ruger's Customer Service/Repairs in Prescott, AZ.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
You are new here,, so I'll say a few things.

First off,,,, it's good to see you have your gun back, fixed & all. I can tell you are quite pleased.

As always,, Kudos to Ruger's customer service.

You have discovered how good they can be. But,, it's a policy that started LONG ago. Bill Ruger decided to do away with the "written warranty." He decided to just fix stuff and not have a legal piece of paper that made him do anything.
he did some studying,, and found that in the long run, by building a quality product,, he'd be better off if he didn't offer a warranty,, but instead,, just fixed guns that might need repairs. It costs a lot less money that way.

So, you gun wasn't "out of warranty" as you mentioned,, but instead,, just a bit worn out, and needed a little TLC.

And yes,, they are great about such things.

I hope to be as satisfied as those who have posted in this forum. I, thru me FFL dealer sent a Mk459 red label 50th year commemorative red label pistol. I bought it in the fall of 1999, but had never even gotten it out of the case it came in. However recently my wife got her concealed carry permit and she wanted to get some practice. I took her to the range and had her fire my Star 380, my Ruger, my S&W 15 in 38 sp, and my S&W 9mm, but she wanted to shoot something milder (quieter), so I got my MK2 450 out of my gunsafe and was going to get it ready for her to shoot, but I could not pull the slide back, it was stuck shut. I called Ruger and they said to send it in to Prescott, AZ. for repairs. That was about 10-12 day ago, I hope to get the call from my FFL saying it came back soon.

I hope to be as satisfied as those who have posted in this forum. I, thru my FFL dealer sent a Mk450 red label 50th year commemorative red label pistol. I bought it in the fall of 1999, but had never even gotten it out of the case it came in. However recently my wife got her concealed carry permit and she wanted to get some practice. I took her to the range and had her fire my Star 380, my Ruger, my S&W 15 in 38 sp, and my S&W 9mm, but she wanted to shoot something milder (quieter), so I got my MK2 450 out of my gunsafe and was going to get it ready for her to shoot, but I could not pull the slide back, it was stuck shut. I called Ruger and they said to send it in to Prescott, AZ. for repairs. That was about 10-12 day ago, I hope to get the call from my FFL saying it came back soon.
Update, I'm totally satisfied. The service center freed the stuck bolt, re=lubed everything and shipped it back to my FFL dealer. Their paperwork doesn't give any idea what had caused it to freeze, but now it functions perfectly. They paid return shipping and sent a complimentary free cleaning cloth. It took them about 14 days, but the Labor day holiday was in the middle. I still really like Ruger and their service

Last edited:

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
When reinstalling the mainspring housing back in the grip frame and you don't get the hammer strut in the proper place, you cannnot cycle the bolt to the rear. It will be stuck in the closed mode. Just saying this might be what happened. Anybody that has had a Standard, MK1, MK2 or M3 Ruger pistol has had this happen.

CHEVYINLINE6.