Urethane Bolt Buffer?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JTGant said:
Sure you can, just do it yourself, instead of having others do your homework for you .... develop some initiative.....do it.... you might even have a higher opinion of yourself ....
56 posts since 2009 and you are giving advice? Crawl back under your bridge and allow those that really care give the advice the OP asked for.

A

Anonymous

I went with this model from Kidd:

http://www.coolguyguns.com/Bolt-Buffer_p_12.html

Should come via UPS in a few days. It seems like a nice compromise between the metal pin and a urethane/plastic piece.

Again, thank you, everyone, for the help/advice.

JTGant

Bearcat
Yes, and it is very good advice .....

Fox Mike said:
JTGant said:
Sure you can, just do it yourself, instead of having others do your homework for you .... develop some initiative.....do it.... you might even have a higher opinion of yourself ....
56 posts since 2009 and you are giving advice? Crawl back under your bridge and allow those that really care give the advice the OP asked for.

A

Anonymous

JTGant said:
Yes, and it is very good advice .....

Fox Mike said:
JTGant said:

For a novice user who hasn't done ANY sort of research, sure.

But don't talk to me like I'm sort of fool by talking down to me or making passing aggressive innuendos.

mgbob

Bearcat
I made my own by filing down a toothbrush handle.

Granted, it could be considered a huge waste of my time, but I considered it more like gun-fun, or home-based therapy.

A

Anonymous

mgbob said:

Granted, it could be considered a huge waste of my time, but I considered it more like gun-fun, or home-based therapy.

Holy hell! How long did that take?

mgbob

Bearcat
hyson said:
mgbob said:

Holy hell! How long did that take?

Don't really remember....maybe 30 minutes or so.

Like I said, I considered it relaxing therapy.

wwb

Hunter
Here ya go, guys.... knock yourselves out:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#plastics/=g2pyxp

About a bazillion different materials to try.... and you can chop up one of the rods and pass the pieces out to your friends (or sell 'em).

As others have said, it's questionable whether you really need one or not, but it can't hurt.

Gumby

Bearcat
Hyson

Welcome to the forum.

I have a couple of 10/22's and bought a few of the ready made replacements, but in my searches have found this to work well.

Go to your local hardware store and purchase a 1/4" x 3" NYLON Bolt. The ones that I found have threads that are about three quarters of an inch long, with over two inches of shoulder. Just cut the shoulder to the width of the receiver, and for about a dollar you have a nice durable quiet buffer.

If it fits a little tight, just sand it a little with some sand paper or emory cloth. I don't know where you live, but I found them in one of the local big box stores. It was either Lowe's or Home Depot. Can't remember which, but one carried it ,and one didn't.

Gumby