Update on Ruger Display Show Boise, Idaho....Pictures added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Wheeeyouuuu...Every year is different...but I must say..I have never seen so many hi-grade collectible Rugers "For Sale" in one place at one time...."lots of new in the box guns for the picking". Now the people on the other hand that showed up for this get-to-gether....well they are the best! And some of the most schooled Rugerfiles in the country...and nice...some even pretty!! But enough about me and Hank....Now about that Prime Rib....Oh Sure! some places a slowly served, cool, rib-eye will substitute...But not when you have personally burned good diesel driving to the place to make arrangements for Prime Rib....and you called and gave them an additional heads up the week befor the event.....and you have been there on the same date for two years running.....Lindy's owner will get to see the red-eyed, cranky, unimpressed, all business... kiss my body parts side of me next monday....there are 20 good restarants close to the Fairgrounds...just not accross the parking lot from the hotel.....RB

Sure sounds like fun, but idaho? in January? I'm a newbie, so tell me what a display show is? Are the displays judged or does one have to be asked to displays. Thanking someone in advance.

flatgate

Hawkeye
luedersj said:
Sure sounds like fun, but idaho? in January? I'm a newbie, so tell me what a display show is? Are the displays judged or does one have to be asked to displays. Thanking someone in advance.

Display Show; a gunshow where the Promoter allows "non-sales" tables where we dyed in the wool collectors get to show off our prized possessions.
The show may or may not be officially recognized by a gun collector organization. This show in Boise is indeed part of the Ruger Collectors' Association's small group of shows that are sanctioned to utilize the RCA's name, judging procedures, etc.

I believe any person wishing to display Ruger Firearms is welcome, however, only RCA Members would be eligible for an award. I think.

Why Idaho in January? Only time of the year these folks slow down enough to all get together! :D

flatgate

qhorseman

Bearcat
The displays were better than ever. You guys did a fantastic job! There were more beautiful Rugers and Ruger Memorabilia than the last year or the year before. So many one of a kinds! Congratulations to all of you guys for a job well done.

Hank, kudos to a job VERY WELL done!!!!! Awesome Show! :D :D :D

circlergrugers

Vaquero
All the Displays are down, and on the safe trip home. I'll give an Award report and more pictures in a day or so after I'm settled. It was a very good show and thanks to all the displayers. Hank

flatgate said:
luedersj said:

Display Show; a gunshow where the Promoter allows "non-sales" tables where we dyed in the wool collectors get to show off our prized possessions.
The show may or may not be officially recognized by a gun collector organization. This show in Boise is indeed part of the Ruger Collectors' Association's small group of shows that are sanctioned to utilize the RCA's name, judging procedures, etc.

I believe any person wishing to display Ruger Firearms is welcome, however, only RCA Members would be eligible for an award. I think.

Why Idaho in January? Only time of the year these folks slow down enough to all get together! :D

flatgate

If I may add most of us collectors enjoy educating the public & answering those hundreds of questions about Rugers & some times taking the heat for The Ruger Factory because they quit making ________ or Why don't they Make ??????. It is fun to see the good stuff that other people have.

I never meant to question the value of the show or the quality of the exhibits. I'd love to seem them myself. I simply meant and I simply repeat Why Idaho? Why January? January cuts out a lot of working people and Idaho is beautiful but a wee bit on the rim geography wise. You may answer that if people love something enough they will make the sacrifice, but if a goal is education you're hiding your light under a bushel. And if it's camaraderie, a lot of people are cut out. Even if you appreciated the displays and saw a lot of cool stuff, the rest of the nation might like a peek too.

lovemydals

Buckeye
Terry T & I got home to sunny California safe & sound dispite the snow covered highway south of the Oregon & Nevada border. It was a good thirty miles before seeing pavement.

A "BIG THANKS" to Hank & Susie Green for their hard work organizing the show. Had a great time & look forward to next year.

lmd

radicalrod

Hunter
Well Luedersj, in some parts of the country snow and cold is not a big deal.....part of the charm :lol: :lol: :lol: also January may be a slow month in Idaho as a lot needs to get done in the summer time.....heck I almost talked myself into driving out :roll: :roll: :roll: see ya RR.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Most of the big gun shows happen in or very near to Population Centers. Same thing for Idaho, however the population just ain't enough to call ANYPLACE a population center.

Well, maybe Boise....

Shucks, I've driven 60 miles to go to a 20 table show. Sometimes I find a prize! :D

One show in Ashton, ID had three tables full of Puppies for sale! :D

flatgate

Terry T

Buckeye
For the 3rd year in a row Hank's (anti) snow dance worked - well almost. Had a little snow on the way home but the big storm held off till we got home. Our home bound route is getting slammed only 2 days later. :shock:

For a couple of Ca. boys, this is a lot of snow driving! :shock:

P1161875.jpg

Ice on the van:

P1161878.jpg

"Lovemydals" is a good snow driver and the weight of all that 'steel' helped with traction. :D
Terry T

ubme

Bearcat
Thanks Susan and Hank for putting another great show together. It was good to see everyone and talk Ruger's. The public really came out this year to see the display's and ask questions. Thanks again.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Yess Yesss Yesssss!! Thanks to Hank and Susan because without them there would not be a Boise Show....As far a RCA...wellll it may be allowed by them to be called an RCA show but as far as support goes....NADA...I got a life membership a few years ago because many said I needed one to get all the bennefits...like finding out about the offerings on RCA only guns (right) and news letter and such...Notice where we are all communicating about our fun! It's pretty sad that some of my best collectible have come from people so fed up that they just sold me their Rugers and moved on to knives, or marbles, or spas....RB

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Hank and Susan, thank you for all of the hard work to make this show happen, and to all of you "Ruger Nuts" what a great group. I have added the link below with some additional picts. Tried not to duplicate what Randy posted, he did a more complete job, as I did not get picts that came out of RugerBoi's (Greg's) fine No. 3 and Ruger Firsts displays.

I for one am already looking forward to next year!
http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad311/208packinheat/2012%20Boise%20Ruger%20Collectors/