Update of Cub Project

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well Guys Grandson and I have been spending time in the Aircraft Factory. :D
The first Project post http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=268995

Wings are assembled and ready for cover.

We have installed controls, stringers, trim system, baggage, and starting on fuel lines in the fuselage.

contender

Ruger Guru
Fascinating & fun to see. Not only are y'all building a fine bird,,, you are building life long memories together. And judging by your kids,,, you've done an excellent job of building them too!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Chad looks like he's enjoying this project tremendously, Jim! Something's stuck in the back of my head from a couple of years back that he was going to be working on his A&P license one of these days (though I dunno where he'd find the time quite yet.) Am I remembering right or not?

Rick C

Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Chad looks like he's enjoying this project tremendously, Jim! Something's stuck in the back of my head from a couple of years back that he was going to be working on his A&P license one of these days (though I dunno where he'd find the time quite yet.) Am I remembering right or not?

Rick C

Hey Guys, Thanks for all of the comments and support. I call him "The Texas Tornado" for a very good reason. He doesn't let anything get in his way of accomplishing what he sets out to do. Whither it is flying, school at A&M, or putting together a plane. Yes at times this Old Fat Guy has a hard time keeping up with him, well most of the time :D

Rick,
This will count towards his A&P which he already has quite a bit of time for. That was one of the reasons why I decided to do this project with him. There are a lot of old time skills that I'm passing on to Chad. If I don't they will be lost forever. The new A&Ps are replacers of parts and don't know how to fix or make something IMHO
At 21 he has a Commercial License with Multi Engine Rating.
This allows him to deliver quite a few different types of planes for people. Stearmans, Carbon Cubs with that little wheel in the back and such that most modern pilots are not qualified to fly. He learned in our Citabria and that made him qualified to fly my Starduster after MY Check out :wink: :wink: He now has around 900 hours in tail wheel planes and 200 or so in tri gear ones
Thanks again Guys for the support. It is a fun time for sure.

Chad with a new builder :wink:
34502264_10214319993947699_2438116637447028736_n.jpg