Unsure of where to post this??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearBiologist

Single-Sixer
Went to do the paperwork on my new G29SF 10mm (Birthday present from my wife!). While there, I looked at the "new" Colt Python!

My impression:
1.Stainless steel and I would prefer blue.
2. Stocks have nice grain but are WAYYY too dark.
3. Sights are nice.

The above are esthetics. Can't say how it shoots. My previous 2 were the most accurate and well built revolvers I have owned except maybe my Reeder 454 Casull SBH. The Pythons were followed closely by my S & W 25. All shot comparably with my 1911 NM Gold Cup.

Would I buy it? Probably not=I'm old and sold most of my "collection", so I have no need!

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
The "new" Pythons are not Pythons. The do not have the original action. They use the updated and vastly inferior Trooper Mk 3 action. I've shot both side by side, my original and a buddies "new" one. If you have never held and fired an original you could be suckered into believing the "new" ones are okay. But they only look similar. They do not feel or shoot like and original.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
"If you have never held and fired an original you could be suckered into believing the "new" ones are okay. But they only look similar. They do not feel or shoot like and original."
AMEN. I started my centerfire revolver experience(s) with an early 60's production 4" Python. So far, the only thing sweeter has been a thoroughly 'smithed' SS Security Six which seems to be on 'permanent loan' to Son.

BearBiologist

Single-Sixer
The "new" Pythons are not Pythons. The do not have the original action. They use the updated and vastly inferior Trooper Mk 3 action. I've shot both side by side, my original and a buddies "new" one. If you have never held and fired an original you could be suckered into believing the "new" ones are okay. But they only look similar. They do not feel or shoot like and original.
I have to agree to some extent but the new Python did have a good action=not great like the originals (I've had 3 and shot several more) but good!

Latest posts