Unclear on "single sixer"..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
I have only been here a year but enjoy this sight immensely.
I have noticed beside some members names there are titles like mine and Hunter and Blackhawk and such, can someone explain to me the differences?
I know... I'm out of touch. Lol

contender

Ruger Guru
"It's amazing how fast the time goes by. I joined before my daughter was born and now she's 15! Yikes!"

Newbie! :D :D

For the OP,, many of us have been around a while. And it does have to do with the number of posts. Under my name,, is "ruger guru" as given to me by our own Flatgate when he did the set-up. That little extra was given to some of us who'd been around a while, and tried to help folks as much as possible. It's an honorary thing,, and since Flatgate gave it to me,, I've always considered it a privilege.

gunzo

Hunter
Guess I should post more & get rid of Buckeye. I know what that means to a couple models of Rugers, but to a Kentuckian it can be a tricky handle.
We call Ohioans Buckeyes & a Northern Kentuckian, especially with the northern accent will generally be called a Buckeye. But, ya ought to be read to fight or footrace when you say it.:oops:

eveled

Hawkeye
Guess I should post more & get rid of Buckeye. I know what that means to a couple models of Rugers, but to a Kentuckian it can be a tricky handle.
We call Ohioans Buckeyes & a Northern Kentuckian, especially with the northern accent will generally be called a Buckeye. But, ya ought to be read to fight or footrace when you say it.:oops:
Curious about the name. I actually recently googled buckeye candy and it explained how they look like an actual buckeye nut and about Ohio's nickname.

It didn't however mentioned it being an insult to call a Kentuckian a buckeye. That's funny.

Welcome to the forum @Cal30 1906

Last edited:

Star43

Buckeye
"It's amazing how fast the time goes by. I joined before my daughter was born and now she's 15! Yikes!"

Newbie! :D :D

For the OP,, many of us have been around a while. And it does have to do with the number of posts. Under my name,, is "ruger guru" as given to me by our own Flatgate when he did the set-up. That little extra was given to some of us who'd been around a while, and tried to help folks as much as possible. It's an honorary thing,, and since Flatgate gave it to me,, I've always considered it a privilege.
Contender, You and a lot of other guys, some who actually posted on this topic here, have been at this for quite a while....About when or what year was the Forum established ?? You know, I have often wondered, but never asked. Thanks !!

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm not sure exactly when the Forum started. But when I joined,, Flatgate & weaselmeatgravy were already here. It was before Flatgate bought it I believe.
But I was really hooked on the fun, and comical banter between those 2 guys,, especially about the "Rugermobile." ANd,, like wmg,, when a re-vamp was done,, I too lost a bunch of my old posts. But I never cared about that either. Too much good fun, and great people here. THAT'S what is the most important thing. Post count is just a measure of how "chatty" a member is. (And yes,, I'm known for that as well!)