Ugly Duck

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
we're gettin there... I find that carrying your gun in a soppin wet leather holster makes for a great blueing remover...... The cylinder and barrel all happened in one day of heavy rain..... It is NOT holster wear.... !!!!

UGDnzn9l.jpg

I think I'd come up with a steel ERH and strip the bluing, then "age" it a little with water to match the rest of the gun. MIght not be "original" but it would sure look good. JMHO :)

KMK-678GC

Single-Sixer
I did pull the ERH and soaked it in bleach. Came out well and matches the grip frame look. I do think a steel aged housing would be even better but I have not found one yet.

A unique look and shoots well to boot!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
This might be your guns older sister,, :) :wink:

1960 FT Type IV found wrapped in a piece of burlap in an old barn that was being razed. Bore and cylinders are like the day she was made.

BvvNSTMh.jpg

1HkELkch.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Those old "shooters" are just plain fun to have.

Natural "wear" on a gun adds tons to character! A few years back I bought an old flatgate from Scott in that same condition. Shoots perfect and no fear of skinnin' up the finish!

The center fire single actions with 4 5/8 barrels are my favorites.

caryc

Hawkeye
Nothing wrong with that gun. It just needs an old well used holster to ride in. It'll shoot the same shiny bullets that a new gun will.