Two 4-digit Rugers today. "Pics" 44 Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was at a semi-local gunshow today and not intending to buy anything but parts, ammo, etc. I came to a table and the vendor had 2 Red Eagle Standard Auto's on the table. One drew more interest than the other. SN was 9959, I believe a Type 5, in about 80% condition. I had to have it..... :D

Went a couple of rows over and came across a 44 Carbine, SN 6490. A quick check of Chet's reference indicated highest know SN is 6365, so had to buy it also. It is in great shape. A very nice 99% blue, and nice stocked 1962 44 Carbine. :D

I will post some pics later. Fairly good day..... :wink:

44 Carbine pics. Not bad for a 54 year old rifle. :D

Dave

pete44ru

Hunter
Heliman said:
Went a couple of rows over and came across a 44 Carbine, SN 6490.

It is in great shape, however the front scope mount is mounted ahead of the receiver on the barrel.

Dave, AFAIK every .44 Auto Carbine (tube magazine) was D/T'd on the rear of the barrel for the front scope mount base.

pete44ru said:
Heliman said:
Went a couple of rows over and came across a 44 Carbine, SN 6490.

It is in great shape, however the front scope mount is mounted ahead of the receiver on the barrel.

Dave, AFAIK every .44 Auto Carbine (tube magazine) was D/T'd on the rear of the barrel for the front scope mount base.

Thanks! Another guy drooling on my new rifle said the same thing. :wink:

Dave

pete44ru

Hunter

In case you get curious, the forward 2 screws/holes atop the receiver hold the internal cartridge guide into the roof of the receiver's inside - The rearward 2 holes are also factory prep for the rear scope mount base.

pete44ru said:

In case you get curious, the forward 2 screws/holes atop the receiver hold the internal cartridge guide into the roof of the receiver's inside - The rearward 2 holes are also factory prep for the rear scope mount base.

Thanks so very much for the additional information. That's what is great about this forum. So many helpful and knowledgable folks!

Dave :D

Latest posts