Things I'm Happy About....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I'm happy that Ruger decided to include the 'J' Hook mag extensions with the SR9c and the LC9. I don't care for those things, they just take away from the concealability of the gun, but it does cut down on those pumping up somebody's aftermarket fix for it's omission or whining at the lack there of.

I'm happy I'm smarter than the genius (not on this forum) that feels that Ruger dropped the ball in not making the SR9c a decocker only.

I'm happy that I can buy guns that don't need doodads and bling or better yet, maybe I'm happy I don't need doodads and bling.

I'm happy that my oldest CZ SP-01 (custom made by me) has over 60,000 rounds thru it and the original magical plastic guiderod still looks like new.

bf23dca8.jpg

I'm happy that I like 1911's enough that I learned how to build them from a pile of junk myself but don't love them so much that that's all I have.

85f71e16.jpg

I'm happy that I bought one of the first SR9's made, it was recalled and doesn't have the finest trigger that Ruger ever made but it has been an extremely reliable gun.

I'm happy that I can still outshoot most people with a pistol and many are half my age.

I'm happy I didn't die early in my life with so many chances of doing so, especially lately.

jpaul

Bearcat
Im happy knowing that the widow who I bought my SR9 from was pleased to see a video of my son shooting it. Odd how an inanimate object can stir emotions. Oh, Im also happy to find out how much cheaper 9mm ammo is than 45.

Mike J

Hunter
I am happy that back in 2000 when I had tax return money burning a hole in my pocket & wanted a pistol I chose to buy a P944. Otherwise I wouldn't be participating on this forum & I like this place. While it is not a target gun it is more than accurate enough for my purposes & rugged & reliable. I am also happy with my striker fired polymer XD. It carries easier than the Ruger & is also accurate & reliable. I do have another pistol some of ya'all have seen me post about made by another manufacturer but I am not happy with it right now.

Cheese you changed your sig line. Did you finish your sniper training? :D

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Mike J said:
Cheese you changed your sig line. Did you finish your sniper training? :D

I'm an absolute genius internet trained sniper, I'm now working on perfecting dishing up ice cream online, wish me luck.

A

Anonymous

I'm glad everyone above is happy. I wish I was that happy. Even half that happy would be nice.........A fourth, maybe....... :cry:

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
This just in!

Day Two of Happiness.

Cheesewhiz has caught mousegun madness, news at eleven!

My guess is I will not start walking around like a tough guy, anymore than I already do at least.
I will probably have no urge to buy anything with tactical, tac or combat in it's noun nomenclature. I won't mention TOE or loadout procedures. The magazine count for the gun will be kept at around two, I have well over twenty CZ SP-01 mags.

Did I mention I'm happy?

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Well I'm happy I just traded an RWS airgun that didn't shoot very well for a Mk III Target that shoots GOOD!

Cheezy, what will you do with a mousegun? You can't carry in the fine state of Illernoise can you?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
ArmedinAZ said:
Well I'm happy I just traded an RWS airgun that didn't shoot very well for a Mk III Target that shoots GOOD!

Cheezy, what will you do with a mousegun? You can't carry in the fine state of Illernoise can you?

I'm going to plant it and see what grows out of it.

I'm also backing a bill that will allow us Illinois residents to duct tape our guns to our foreheads. Kind of an open carry/silly carry law, combat reloads will be tough, not discounting the initial pain in presenting the gun in the first place.

jhearne

Buckeye
Cheesewhiz said:
ArmedinAZ said:

I'm going to plant it and see what grows out of it.

I'm also backing a bill that will allow us Illinois residents to duct tape our guns to our foreheads. Kind of an open carry/silly carry law, combat reloads will be tough, not discounting the initial pain in presenting the gun in the first place.

Hahaha....

Won't this open a market for finding the perfect tape for open carry? One that still holds the gun, but provides a slight edge over duct tape in the pain department?

On a more serious note: I'm happy Cheese is learning to dish ice cream.

Josh

Mike J

Hunter
RobbyRotten said:
One more thing about your happy things: Who in this world would have ever thought up the idea of having a decocker only SR9c??

It was a comment made in a thread on another forum. I accidentally stumbled across it last night.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Mike J said:
RobbyRotten said:
One more thing about your happy things: Who in this world would have ever thought up the idea of having a decocker only SR9c??

It was a comment made in a thread on another forum. I accidentally stumbled across it last night.
Just the word decocker doesn't sit right with me. :shock:
Sal

NixieTube

Blackhawk
If you're happy, I'm happy. :)

Actually last night I was sitting around thinking to myself: "What if I was interviewed on 60 Minutes about the guns I own and intend to own? How would things project if Mike Wallace was asking me about whether or not I was contented owning the firearms I do, and why? What would I say? How would I present myself?"

And you know, I realized that I'd be able to make a good, sensible and convincing case for myself for my current and future gun purchases. So I'm happy, too.

Mike J

Hunter
Cheesewhiz said:
This just in!

Day Two of Happiness.

Cheesewhiz has caught mousegun madness, news at eleven!

My guess is I will not start walking around like a tough guy, anymore than I already do at least.
I will probably have no urge to buy anything with tactical, tac or combat in it's noun nomenclature. I won't mention TOE or loadout procedures. The magazine count for the gun will be kept at around two, I have well over twenty CZ SP-01 mags.

Did I mention I'm happy?

Did you get a mousegun Cheese? Now you've got me curious. Tell us what you got.