The new SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Mike J":hn2blscd said:
I'm not slamming Glocks but I would not carry one without a hoster that covers the trigger.

I wouldn't carry ANY gun without a holster that covers the trigger .... that's just common sense.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
I have carried an old revolver in a holster that has an uncovered trigger but the retention strap goes across the hammer making it impossible for the trigger to be pulled. It looks kinda like an old LEO holster from the '70s. The only place I carry that is the woods.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Mike J":d4qoexjo said:
I have carried an old revolver in a holster that has an uncovered trigger but the retention strap goes across the hammer making it impossible for the trigger to be pulled. It looks kinda like an old LEO holster from the '70s. The only place I carry that is the woods.

Yup, revolvers are different ...

REV

GW

Bearcat
First off hi I am the new guy,

I have been watching and reading post in this forum and have found it very helpful.

Went to the range today with my new SR9c and put 200 of WW through it. It shot great with no malfunctions or problems. I had only put 50 rounds through it before today. It was very accurate. My slide lock/release also loosened up and I can release it with my thumb easily. My buddy loved it and was killing the x ring with it. I think he shot better with it then I did. All in all a great day at the range with a great gun. I really love this gun!

GW

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
revhigh":26xs8b5i said:
Mike J":26xs8b5i said:
I'm not slamming Glocks but I would not carry one without a hoster that covers the trigger.

I wouldn't carry ANY gun without a holster that covers the trigger .... that's just common sense.

REV

Yes, I've carried Glocks and 1911's many times in my waistband sans holster. And they always have a round in the tube. However, IIRC, reputable folks like Jim Wilson, and various Texas Rangers have mentioned that they had commonly carried semiautos "Indian Style." And, of course, that's what the term means. Some of these "old boys" never used the thumb safety and taped down the grip safety. They accepted the compromise, as I have on occasion.
Sonnytoo

2dogs

Bearcat
newbee here ,
just been lurkin' an learnin'
Glad to see some good comments on the SR9c , as my friend and I each bought one recently
I really like the fit and feel of the piece. I have small hands and it fits me well with the 10 rnd mag with the little finger extension.
Most of my experience with CCW has been with .44 spec and the .45acp. of various types. I wanted something smaller for summer that still had some authority to it. The 9mm seems like a good compromise with some of the new and improved defense loads that are out there.
I recently got rid of a Taurus "slim" 9mm that couldn't be made to function properly even after a return to the factory and a promise from them that all was repaired. ;( (it came back with all the same problems.)
So I 'm hoping that the new SR9c will live up to my hopes of a smooth functioning, accurate and dependable 9mm in a relatively compact package. that won't break my wallet. The Glocks just don't feel good to me. (weird , I know).
If it doesn't work out I still have my LCR for back up.

Al James

Hunter
Sonnytoo":pkxhoax3 said:
Some of these "old boys" never used the thumb safety and taped down the grip safety. They accepted the compromise, as I have on occasion.
Sonnytoo

Yikes! Surprised they made it to "old boys" status. A 1911 with all of it safeties disengaged and mexican carry? Sounds safe. :shock:

GRNDHOG

Bearcat
New guy here, and I know I'm kind of bringing back an old post.

I'm going to purchase my first gun today and have really liked what I've seen with the SR9c. This thread has me concerned about using the slide stop as a release, as that seems to make the most sense in reloading.

Have there been any updates now that it has been several months later? Has the manufacturer changed anything with this now?

Thanks!

55bowtie

Bearcat
Ijust got back from the gunshow and brought a SR9c home with with me.I traded in my P95 cause i didn't trust it as a carry gun.It was sent to ruger and fixed and still stoved piped so i traded it on the sr9c. Smaller and should be easy to carry this winter.I still carry my LCP and i still like Rugers .Ill get to the range soon and try it out. SO FAR I LIKE IT Mike

GRNDHOG

Bearcat
Mind if I ask what you paid for it at the gunshow?

There's one coming up here in about a month. I can wait if it is worth it.

My local store has it for $424.95.