The $1200 Mini 14 new at my LGS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Mini-14, along with the Garand and the (sporting) BAR, is one of the very few centerfire semiauto rifles that can be legally bought now in the Demokratik People's Republik of Worsington state.

So, for new shooters and for those who don't already have a semiauto, the Mini-14 is the likely choice and they either pay the asking price or do without.
Are you sure? The Mini has a partial barrel shroud. The latest rulings and discussions have indicated they are not okay.

That's some of the problem with these awful laws... folks don't know what they really say or don't say.

My boy is in Vancouver. Our research says no Mini's for him. But when you say they are okay, then I am further confused.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Stainless ranch rifle for sale on a local trader site but I'm weary of the deal as a likely scam since the seller joined the site 12-2-23 and it's listed at $650 and the description is cut and paste from Ruger's website.

Edit to add*** Looking further it seems it was listed a few days ago for $400 first then a new ad made a couple days later. Scammers aren't even smart enough to delete the first ad or at least steal new pics off the internet.

Joe Reilly

Single-Sixer
Are you sure? The Mini has a partial barrel shroud. The latest rulings and discussions have indicated they are not okay.

That's some of the problem with these awful laws... folks don't know what they really say or don't say.

My boy is in Vancouver. Our research says no Mini's for him. But when you say they are okay, then I am further confused.

Davidson's Gun Genie shows it restricted in Washington State.

Pál_K

Single-Sixer

On Reddit r/WAGuns the issue of the Mini-14's legality comes up often. Details are best found there (you don't need to join Reddit - you can view the discussion in any browser).

The truth is, a "shroud" is vaguely defined. Some stores in WA have the Mini-14 in stock and are selling it. The buyer is not in jeopardy, the seller is. Clearly, some sellers believe the law is on their side.

The laws are purposefully vague to scare sellers from selling to WA - so, the laws are working as intended

Latest posts