Taurus TCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
No really why do you bother coming to the auto section? You hate ruger autos, yet seem to live here saying Ruger autos suck.
Why not just go to the section you like??? You do like some Rugers?

revhigh

Hawkeye
gatorhugger":1ryt01xr said:
No really why do you bother coming to the auto section? You hate ruger autos, yet seem to live here saying Ruger autos suck.
Why not just go to the section you like??? You do like some Rugers?

Rah Rah ..... every Ruger product is awesome ... Rah Rah ... am I allowed here now ?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
frogger":35ce54zq said:
He can't get that high of a post count just being a fanboy. :mrgreen:

That's what I like about this forum, it isn't full of fanboys. People that own other pistols and can comment on them along with Rugers in a sensible manner makes this a pretty good place to be. I normally don't bash any particular brand or model but I like listening to other people's issues or ideas and I don't think it's bashing most of the time.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz":3le70o5a said:
frogger":3le70o5a said:
He can't get that high of a post count just being a fanboy. :mrgreen:

That's what I like about this forum, it isn't full of fanboys. People that own other pistols and can comment on them along with Rugers in a sensible manner makes this a pretty good place to be. I normally don't bash any particular brand or model but I like listening to other people's issues or ideas and I don't think it's bashing most of the time.

C'mon Cheese !!! Don't you know that the only opinions allowed in the semi-auto room are Gator's and a few others ?? He's also the only person who attempts to decide who is, or is not allowed, in any given forum based on their opinions !!! Gator doesn't bother me a bit. The only people who are afraid of open communications are the ones that are insecure with their purchases. They then try to mollify their insecurity by attempting to disallow any dissenting opinions. LOL. Don't worry, it doesn't work, here or anywhere else.

REV :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
I own ONE currently, have owned TWO others in the past, and have never had to deal with their customer service ... yet.

REV

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Cheeze tell me, whats the definition of Troll?
Is it Someone that loves Colt guns and hates Rugers and posts everyday how Rugers suck?
a post a day for 3 years on how ruger QC sucks, the company sucks, the semis suck, the Single actions sucks.....

Someone that has never had a positive thing to say about Ruger?
Is that a troll or someone with positive criticism toward a great American Company like Ruger?

Just wondering your definition of a troll. My definition is someone that fits
in the above categories. Hmmmm... who do we know here that fits those
descriptions..?????

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
My wild guess is you are referring to Rev (Revhigh)... :lol:

You know if you look back at his posts, he has been pretty damn supportive of a lot of forum members. He normally spends more time in that regard with the newbies and I think he does care when someone has an issue.

He had a dog or two concerning Ruger semi's and makes no bones about it. He has always talked up their revolvers and now I understand he has a new one of those with big problems, that sucks for him. I actually respect his opinions and there have been times I've disagreed with him but I would never lump him in with some of the trollish knuckleheads I've seen on gun forums. He knows more about shooting pistols than almost anybody on this forum and that my friend is a fact. We get many experts (pretenders) on this forum, Rev ain't one of them.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
trolls can be "experts".
I ain't saying the guy don't know guns.
What I am stating is what you and everyone else here knows but looks the other way about.

It's Not once or twice, not occasionally, it's not with certain Rugers,
It's WITH EVERY RUGER AUTO AND NOW WITH THE REVOLVERS, it's with the entire Ruger company. It's a darn Ruger Bashfest on Rugerforum.com
You know it.

And yet it's this free pass to bash Ruger at every chance and say
buy Glock, buy colt, now it's buy Taurus and not Ruger. When does this nonsense stop?
It's a darn Ruger forum for crying out loud!!!!!!
I know the admin don't care, you don't care, but I care.
Kills me to watch Ruger get bashed all the time for nothing.
Im signing out for awhile, I hate this Ruger bashing.
Buy American. Out.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Gator, I don't want to put words in anybody's mouth but I understand your frustration and I do agree with your point about this being a Ruger forum. I don't expect Rev to be a rah-rah boy for Ruger at the moment and maybe it would be a little better if he sat back on some threads.

I will tell you that I like his input on a thread like this, I like listening and talking about other guns, especially new ones, it get's me going.

Rev probably doesn't have any practical use for a full-sized Ruger semi-auto at the moment, he's a paper puncher, I don't think that Ruger makes a pistol that is accurate enough for him at this time. I'm not trying to start a "flame fest" here, but the Ruger centerfire semi's I have owned or fired aren't the most accurate guns made. They are fine for plates and steels and very good defense pistols but if you shoot paper to fine tune yourself or your ammo, a Ruger can be frustrating.

Gator, I come here for fun, maybe I'm a little demented.... :p

I'm going shooting now.... :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz":3spdwzhc said:
I understand he has a new one of those (SBH)with big problems

Hey Cheese !

First ... thanks for the kind words. I think I've probably been responsible for more P95's being bought on this forum than any other person. I've recently said that the SR9 deserves a look as well after discussing it with a friend at a gunshop who hates all Rugers, but said the SR9 is an accurate gun. Good enough for me to try, but not buy ... yet. All double action Ruger revolvers are excellent in my opinion, and the SA's are excellent too, I've never said anything different ... not one time. I got one that needs some work, so what ?? No big deal.

Actually, I don't consider the issues I have with the new SBH to be big problems, it just needs the barrel screwed in a little more or replaced, and I'm sure Ruger will get it right. I have ZERO problems with having to send the SBH back, it's not like I don't have any other guns to shoot. If I get it back and it's not right, it'll go back again at Ruger's expense. If I finally get it back and I'm not satisfied with it, I'll sell it. I really don't care one way or the other, although I must admit if that happens it might make it pretty difficult to buy another NM SA. I got it at such a great price I won't lose a penny on it. Might even make a few dollars.

I never once said Ruger's revolvers sucked (I know YOU didn't say that), and I welcome anyone to quote where I did. What I DID say was that Ruger's current QC sucks, and it does. Anybody who's been here for the last 2 years knows Ruger has a problem with QC. I've bought more Ruger products in the last year than many people have guns in total of any make, including some 'recent' posters. I own thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of Ruger products, all handguns, and a Mini 14. Ruger's current misfortunes haven't stopped me from buying Ruger products at all. Ignoring or not discussing the problems that Ruger has had recently is doing nothing more than sticking your head in the sand, which certain posters just love to do, along with ranting hysterically over something as innocuous as differing opinions on guns, or gun manufacturers. YOU KNOW THAT, CHEEZE (sp) !!! LOL. :D

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I got to handle a Micro Eagle today, I didn't shoot it. What a really well made gun. I haven't seen the Taurus yet in person, looks like we will see an awful lot of small .380 and 9mm guns in the coming months.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
please, enough already with the " I have been responsible for more 95's sold...."
You posted a link once on some p95's selling for a discount. wow. congrats.

That don't excuse the continual ruger bashing.
It's a tiring routine, and it has nothing to do with sticking my head in the sand. Ruger is a good company, they do have a good quality control department, they do have a nice product.
I'm on a Ruger enthusiast forum, I don't want to listen to how ruger sucks for years and how we should buy brazilian guns instead of american guns.
You have lost your mind if you think Taurus is any better than Ruger.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz":1ht4aphm said:
I got to handle a Micro Eagle today, I didn't shoot it. What a really well made gun. I haven't seen the Taurus yet in person, looks like we will see an awful lot of small .380 and 9mm guns in the coming months.

Let us know how you like it if you get a chance to shoot it, Cheese !!! I'd never even heard of it until recently. I'll still stick with a little larger carry gun I think. Once you get used to the G26, you learn to live with it's slightly larger size as a tradeoff to having what feels like a real gun in your hands.

REV

TampaShooters

Bearcat
I just bought the TCP a few weeks ago, and sold my LCP, of over a year. Don't get me wrong, I loved the LCP and it never failed me.

BUT, the Taurus seems to be better in recoil, trigger feel, and grip. I always felt like I was getting kicked in the crotch when firing the LCP.

Taurus bashers are all over, but they have turned around 100% and are making some really good and desireable guns. I have never had a bad Taurus.

Like I said, The LCP was great, but I prefer the TCP now.

LightningMan

Bearcat
Some here whom think Taurus has good customer survice ought to check with some Cowboy action shooters that bought the Taurus "Thunderbolt" (copy of a Colt Lightning Rifle) as there are many horror stories about them over on the SASS forum. For that reason I would have a tough time forking out the cash for one. LM

PS. BTW One of the gun smiths ( I won't post his name here ) that regularly posts on the SASS forum will tell you the Thunderbolt is problematic. Also I shoot a lot of CAS and of several folks that I have seen try to shoot a Taurus T-Bolt, I only ever saw one that worked like it should.

TampaShooters

Bearcat
LightningMan":c8hs1ojz said:
Some here whom think Taurus has good customer survice ought to check with some Cowboy action shooters that bought the Taurus "Thunderbolt" (copy of a Colt Lightning Rifle) as there are many horror stories about them over on the SASS forum. For that reason I would have a tough time forking out the cash for one. LM

See... until you experience something bad with Taurus, stop perpetuating the "Rumors".

Everyone has a "Cousin" with a "Friend" of a "Friend" that has died from shooting a Taurus or something stupid.