Talo"s Ruger SP101X Whats different?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BrianXIX

Bearcat
I recently purchased a SP-101 on sale from my local dealer. Its a Talo model 5775. To me the only difference is the grips. I'm hoping someone here has some info on this model and if its different from a regular SP-101

I've checked everywhere I could, and the grip inserts are the only changes I can find.

Welcome to the forum!

I took the liberty of resizing your photos. Some hosts do it automatically, and some don't. 8)

hittman

Staff member
I'm not sure why folks fall for, or buy into, all the special edition or limited edition do-dads. Gimmicks never did anything for me.

But they do and likely don't understand my buy-in for things like 41 Magnum, 221 Fireball and 256 Win Mag. :lol:

hittman said:
I'm not sure why folks fall for, or buy into, all the special edition or limited edition do-dads. Gimmicks never did anything for me.

Oh but they do!

Do you know just how boring a display would be if we could only choose the few basic models? I imagine by now there are dozens of SP101 versions, just begging to be included in the next display show. :mrgreen: And Ruger just keeps on a sellin' .

I've always said, Ruger is the AVON and Beenie Babies of the gun world. Don't ask me how I know.

BrianXIX

Bearcat
hittman said:

But they do and likely don't understand my buy-in for things like 41 Magnum, 221 Fireball and 256 Win Mag. :lol:
I grabbed this one because it was on sale. I wasnt sure what made it so different......I guess it the grips(which I already replaced lol)

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
[/quote]I grabbed this one because it was on sale. I wasn't sure what made it so different......I guess it the grips(which I already replaced lol[/quote]
so what did you do with the grips that came with it ? I like them and might be interested.

BrianXIX

Bearcat
I grabbed this one because it was on sale. I wasn't sure what made it so different......I guess it the grips(which I already replaced lol[/quote]
so what did you do with the grips that came with it ? I like them and might be interested.[/quote]
I took them off and replaced ehem with a houge monogrip