Talk me out of a Mark IV Lite for a suppressor host

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ethang

Blackhawk
I am expecting my first suppressor (DA Mask) to be approved soon..there is a Mark IV Lite near me for a decent price. I want the 22/45 platform and an optic, don't care about the under rail of the Tactical. Any reason not to? Will be back yard plinking/deer hunting fun gun/ quiet critter getter....

We have one of those w/4" barrel. It works quite well as a suppressor host. I don't particularly like the 'hang' of the pistol w/o the muffler but it does offset the weight out front with the muffler installed. We haven't noticed any downside to having the muffler installed. Our 22/45 LITE isn't quite as accurate as my personal 22/45 4" all steel barrel but still within the gun to gun variability.
Just one question: will carrying this as a "deer hunting fun gun" violate game laws?

Ethang

Blackhawk
"Just one question: will carrying this as a "deer hunting fun gun" violate game laws?"

Nope. Handguns are fine when hunting, either open carry or concealed with a CPL. Small game season is open during hunting season, so no problem with either option. We are over populated with coyotes squirrels and raccoons. Seems nobody hunts squirrels and raccoons anymore.

harley08

Blackhawk
I am expecting my first suppressor (DA Mask) to be approved soon..there is a Mark IV Lite near me for a decent price. I want the 22/45 platform and an optic, don't care about the under rail of the Tactical. Any reason not to? Will be back yard plinking/deer hunting fun gun/ quiet critter getter....
I own a Ruger Amphibian. You can fire 22lr hi power out of it and it is movie quiet.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Perhaps THIS will help .....

Enjoy your anticipated purchase..... you can't go wrong from my limited knowledge.

J.

1706459105294.png

:)

"I own a Ruger Amphibian. You can fire 22lr hi power out of it and it is movie quiet."
So, you're saying you don't get the typical sonic crack of the HV bullet?

Ethang

Blackhawk
Should have updated this post... ended up with a Tactical, took the top rail off and went with a direct mount optic. I like the option of putting a pistol light on it for nighttime backyard critter getting... anyway... this thing shoots great. One day I will put a VQ trigger kit in.

I think you'll be happy with the choice and even more so with the VQ upgrade. I'm not kidding when I say my 22/45 4" is shooting 3 MOA @ 100 yards using Aguila subsonic ammo and a 3x optic.
The mounted light is handy for the night time 'critter missions'. I had one on my backdoor pistol until I upgraded to a laser.

Should have updated this post... ended up with a Tactical, took the top rail off and went with a direct mount optic. I like the option of putting a pistol light on it for nighttime backyard critter getting... anyway... this thing shoots great. One day I will put a VQ trigger kit in.

What direct mount optic did you mount on your Ruger Mark IV?

I am looking to buying a red dot and am not aware of any direct mount units. Would be nice to bypass an adapter plate.