Talk me into buying a 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbass

Single-Sixer
I've been thinking about buying a 10/22 for a while but I just cant seem to "pull the trigger" on it. I already have 3 other rimfires: 2 tube fed and 1 single shot. I just can't seem to find a good justification for buying one.

So, what I need from all of you is some good reasons I should buy one so I can tell my wife why I need another .22.

Thanks

9x19

Hunter
Plain vanilla
1022RD.jpg

or...

Butler Creek
1022BC.jpg

Krinker Plinker
1022KPbsa.jpg

Nordic Kit
1022NKtgmwg.jpg

Tapco Fusion
1022TFpam3mwg.jpg

Tommy Gun
1022TG.jpg

Actually, with all those other guns, you don't need a 10/22 at all. You'll be glad you talked yourself out of buying one, and remain on the good side of the little woman.

I am weak. I need absolutely zero justification. The more the better. And if ya don't understand that, then you're not ready. 8)

WAYNO.

lowpaidnurse

Bearcat
Unfortunately, I love my 10/22's. I just recently purchased an ACU patterned one. I'd never seen one and just had to have it. It wasn't expensive. I just like the 10/22s...I like a lot of 22s.

I don't see any reason NOT to buy a 10/22 unless it would cause the kids to go hungry(maybe just a couple of days). Fun to shoot, ultimately adaptable, generally a functional tool, and they hold their value. If vehicles were more like 10/22's, there wouldn't be nearly as many new car dealers OR repair shops.

Well, there are 7 days in a week, so looks like you are four 22's short.

Actually I think like you, only 180 degrees out of sinc. I have (5) 10/22's and everytime I look at a differant brand or model I think why. I really screwed up recently. LGS had a Marlin model 60 with beautiful tiger striped wood on it, at a very low price. When I went back to get it I was too late.

Get a 10/22 and play with it for a while and you will be glad you did. Then if you want, you can customize it to almost anything your heart desires. BUT BE CAREFUL, THEY ARE ADDICTING!

Tell tour wife ,22 ammunition is cheaper than centerfire, the 10/22 is accurate and if you want to modify it later no you can spread the cost out over time.

Or just buy the wife a 10/22 .then you can borrow it from time to time.

gasbag

Blackhawk
If you don't buy a 10/22 your wife will leave you, your dog will leave you.
If you don't have a dog your neighbors dog will leave him.
Your truck will break down. Don't have a truck? What the heck is wrong with you? Man up.
It will snow in September, locusts will invade your master bathroom and.............AND......
Obama will be re-elected and anoint himself king by executive order.

Now go buy the darn thing.

Nevada

Single-Sixer
Inexpensive used ones are all over the place due to the economy.
Everyone seems to have one.
They have unique magazines.
You should be able to put one on lay-away at Wally World.
Show your independence: leave it stock.
Challenge friends with other makes to rifle reloading matches. Not mag/tube reloading. Rifle.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
You need to buy one so there is one less for me to try and resist, it really seems as if they are my weakness I seem to want them all. I think I am on #7 and just looked at another one yesterday so please by one so I don't :mrgreen:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
So many factory versions exist, one is likely to catch your interest if you look around, also look at Rimfirecentral.com to see some VERY cool looking builds with aftermarket parts. I never liked the 'bread-and-butter' version as issued, but many of the higher end versions are something else to behold.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
A lifetime-plus reliable gun with over six? million copies made, available retail for pizza money. Make a command decision or ask your wife.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Rumor has it, you can buy a version of the 10/22 that splits in half and fits in a backpack - which it comes with - that you can throw in the car, toss in the boat or even a canoe or a kayak, and carry just about anywhere without attracting any unwanted stares, with extra ammunition, a basic first aid kit, a small flashlight, a set of collapsible shooting sticks, a survival knife and/or leatherman type tool, *and* a backup pistol thrown into the bag for good measure. It'll all fit in there. You could probably even cram in a mylar survival bag, some fishing line and tackle, a few energy bars and a couple of other small things (matches/lighters, medicine) if you're a really efficient packer.

Rumor also has it that the upper outside pouch of that bag will easily swallow my full-sized SR9 and an extra magazine with room to spare. With a compact backup pistol you could fit even more. If that's not enough you can lash a few other things to the outside of the pack and still get at what's in the lower pouch without removing them.

For use in getting away from civilization or finding your way back to it, whichever is most important. And you still have all the basic 10/22 goodness. You'll be a little more constrained on the accessories and scope choice though.

'Course you know what model 10/22 that is. ;) It's the first one I bought (and there will be others, no doubt about that now) - it's the Takedown. 8)

Latest posts