Super Wrangler versus Single Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
I wanted and held out for the black version, which seems to be the most popular option at the moment. Picked this one up at my LGS for $277 out the door last month. It's proven to be as accurate as any of my Single Sixes, and definitely has a more robust feel than the standard Wrangler.

20230913_192423.jpg

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
Are they Eagle grips ?? Look good.
Premium Gun Grips. They make grips specifically for the Wrangler that fit extremely well, and are very reasonably priced...

They also have an eBay store where you can get some great deals, I won the above grips for $16...They were around $23 shipped.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star43

Blackhawk
Very nice. Good price too. I have an early 1985 32 H&R Mag Single Six with the white/ivory looking grips that I think are Eagles that I bought from a local gun shop years ago. I love the look of a blued gun with ivory grips. I call mine my "Little Joe Cartwright" gun it looks like the one he wore on the old Bonanza TV show back in the day.

wproct

Single-Sixer
Those Super Wranglers certainly do look nice. Just curious as to how these might affect the used Single-Six for resale prices?

Star43

Blackhawk
In my opinion, when one tries to sell an original Single Six down the road, & someone compares it to a Wrangler or Super Wrangler, it will just make the Single Six MORE valuable. As they say, you can't beat the original. No knock on a Super Wrangler at all, just a fact, in My opinion.

wproct

Single-Sixer
In my opinion, when one tries to sell an original Single Six down the road, & someone compares it to a Wrangler or Super Wrangler, it will just make the Single Six MORE valuable. As they say, you can't beat the original. No knock on a Super Wrangler at all, just a fact, in My opinion.
I like to think you are right. I know that is the way I feel.