Super Redhawk Alaskan measurment please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
What does a .45/.454 Super Redhawk Alaskan Measure from the rear of the cylinger to the end of the barrel?

I'm thinking it's gonna be a little short.

Our Restrictions here in WI are:

Handguns:
• To be legal for deer, handguns must use center-fire cartridges of .22 caliber or larger and have a 5½ inch minimum barrel, measured from the firing pin to the muzzle with the action closed.

batmann

Single-Sixer
While the Alaskan is a fine revolver for what it is designed for, I don't think that makes a very good hunting weapon. As much as I like my .44M Alaskan, I have better hand guns for hunting.
I'm not sure of the laws in most states, but the Alaskan only has a 2.5" barrel and most states, IN for one, requires a minimum 4" barrel measured from the rear of the barrel for handguns used for hunting.

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
I don't hunt with my handguns anymore. And Heck Yes My 5.5" .45LC Bisley would be a much better choice if I was going to, I was just wondering if it was a possibility.

The Alaskan is on my Need to Own List. But are like trying to find hens teeth around here.

I hate to but something I haven't inspected first.

(note to self USE SPELL CHECK FIRST) :roll:

BGoff_SC

Bearcat
RugerForMe":qbcqjhwx said:
I don't hunt with my handguns anymore. And Heck Yes My 5.5" .45LC Bisley would be a much better choice if I was going to, I was just wondering if it was a possibility.

The Alaskan in on my Need to Own List. But are like trying to find hens teeth around here.

I hate to but something I haven't inspected first.

(note to self USE SPELL CHECK FIRST) :roll:
I just bought one last month. I've always had a thing for the Super Redhawks but that long barrel put me off. With the 2.5 barel and the right holster she's a good carry. Ruger introduced her in 2004 as a practical trail gun for dangerous game country. Sort of a handy thing to have around when you don't feel like playing dead for the bear or any other predator. I don't hunt any more either but if something should come stomping my way :) .

G2

Hunter
BGoff_SC":33jzepqq said:
I've always had a thing for the Super Redhawks but that long barrel put me off.

Maybe this would work? :D Full Lug/ Half Lug :D

6772AKFL.jpg

BGoff_SC

Bearcat
G2":1w8rvkqx said:
BGoff_SC":1w8rvkqx said:
I've always had a thing for the Super Redhawks but that long barrel put me off.

Maybe this would work? :D Full Lug/ Half Lug :D

6772AKFL.jpg
Either would be great. But... I still prefer the Alaskan 2.5 barrel. She's up at Ruger now getting some work done on her. If she comes back with my concerns resolved I'll be a happy camper.