Strange Downey Commercial

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wwb

Hunter
She (it ???) looks like she could go hunting grizzly bears with a pocketknife.

Strange.

Really, kind of glad I have not seen it on TV... would have creeped me out... thanks for the warning.... TV adds are getting weirder and weirder.

I've never understood the implied need to chemically treat my cloths... I'm just glad I can still find soap that they did not add perfume that is so strong that it won't wash off so you can smell like a feminine hygiene product.....

Achigan

Single-Sixer
Given that the purpose of commercials is to get us to think, and talk, about the product, I'd say "Mission Accomplished".
I don't/won't use their product, but the old line "There is no such thing as bad publicity" might apply here.

caryc

Hawkeye
loaded round said:
Cary: You need to find something to do with your spare time instead of watching Downy commercials.

I knew that was coming. I consider that a rather stupid thing to say being that you have no idea what my life is like or what I do with it. These days if you mention something to indicate you watch TV, you're immediately considered to be an idiot for wasting part of your life.

People here liked it fine when my life included making gun grips. But now that I'm not doing that any more, I'm just an idiot wasting my life. As I said, you have no idea the things I accomplish so please do not try to tell me how to run my life.

Then there are the people that are so proud to say "I have no TV in my house" like that is such a big accomplishment. Well, you know what? I really don't care. I don't consider you some kind of advanced person because you have no TV.

As I said, you don't know how I spend my days so stop giving me advice.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
WAYNO said:
Commercials are created to target a certain crowd. I have no idea who this commercial is hoping to target.
Aging lesbians? :?

Quiet 1

Single-Sixer
Snake45 said:
WAYNO said:
Commercials are created to target a certain crowd. I have no idea who this commercial is hoping to target.
Aging lesbians? :?
^^ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good Lord! That was seriously pathetic. It caused me to throw-up in my mouth, a little. And, as previously commented; "It's impossible to un-see it". :roll:

Clearly TV commercials are moving waaaay left. Racially mixed couples, obviously gay couples, obviously lesbian couples are becoming the norm. And, they're being run by major national and international corporations. Auto manufactures, banks, financial institutions, pharmaceutical giants, are all becoming "Woke". And yes, I do believe there's a political agenda driving the trend. Woke advertising. Who'da thunk it?

Life imitating art? Art imitating life?

diffy40

Single-Sixer
Caryc might be a spokesperson for Downey/Proctor & Gamble. He got all you guys, who probably wouldn't have seen it, to watch the commercial. Now you might even mention it to others. Mission accomplished, Good job Cary.

caryc

Hawkeye
diffy40 said:
Caryc might be a spokesperson for Downey/Proctor & Gamble. He got all you guys, who probably wouldn't have seen it, to watch the commercial. Now you might even mention it to others. Mission accomplished, Good job Cary.

I don't get it. Does anybody really think that big Natzi chick is going to make me want to buy that product? I has just the opposite affect on me. When I see a Downey product on a store shelf, it just makes me think of that big square face.

It doesn't make me want to buy the product, it just makes me think...what the hell is wrong with those people?

ProfessorWes

Hunter
New Downy slogan: Arbeit Macht Stain-frei!

And that hairstyle and tunic-and-tie combo on that . . . creature . . . practically is a Nazi uniform.

Remember: You can't spell "tyranny" without "tranny." Just sayin'.

:roll: :lol:

Latest posts