Stainless or Black

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AlCorr

Bearcat
Hi all, I'm a new member here but not new to guns.

I'm looking at a SR9c but can't make up my mind on the finish. From what I read it comes in brushed stainless or blackened finish. One place I was reading Blackened Alloy, another place called it Blackened Stainless.

The long and the short of it is I'm looking for the most durable finish, what finish will take the most beating?

Thanks all.

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
You may want to put ask this in the semi-autos section, you are currently in the revolver section. Course I have thought about this and I personally like the look of the black better, but I hear the finish wears out especially with holster carry, and because of this would go with the stainless. good luck.

stainless that is brushed or matted, will wear, touch up and LOOK the best over time, any other "coating" can and will scratch, chip, mar, and wear, with enough use............some folks just 'like black guns',and could care less.
Then give it a "pet " name, like 'character'...... 8)

AlCorr

Bearcat
Nakagawa said:
You may want to put ask this in the semi-autos section, you are currently in the revolver section. Course I have thought about this and I personally like the look of the black better, but I hear the finish wears out especially with holster carry, and because of this would go with the stainless. good luck.

Sorry about that, I'll post it there, thanks.

Scott

Single-Sixer
I like mine in stainless. It's been in a holster daily for a year and shows very little wear.