SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
Kinda makes me think about S&W & the various generations of the Sigma.
You would think some enterprising soul would come up with an aftermarket solution. But then you get into all the legal ramifications if you use it for self defense.

David-Z

Bearcat
Bought a SR9c last week and it's become my primary carry now. I am selling my Glock 19 with over $350.00 in leather due to buying the SR9s. The SR9c shoots great, has all the added features I wanted on the glock (Which are standard on the SR9c), is easier to carry (Has a smaller print), and I went through 300 rounds over the last week and it never hick-up'd once time. It's just plane good looking, reliable, and is a solid carry.

I really like this one.........David-Z

David-Z

Bearcat
Isn't Ruger replacing some of the older SR9's triggers? Their web site shows it as a recall their doing. See the info below from Rugers web site:

SR9 RECALL
UPDATE

We have determined that some Ruger SR9 pistols manufactured between October 2007 and April 2008 can, under certain conditions, fire if dropped with their manual safeties in the "off" or "fire" position. The pistols will not fire if the manual safety is in the "on" or "safe" position.

We will retrofit all affected SR9 pistols (those with serial number 330-29999 or lower) with these parts at no charge to our customers. In order to ensure correct fitting, the new parts must be installed at our Ruger factory in Prescott, Arizona. We will remove the old parts and install the new trigger group promptly, at no charge, and will return the pistol to you. The old parts will not be returned.

We have resumed production of SR9 pistols and the "330" prefix remains the same in both the original and newly manufactured pistols. However, newly manufactured SR9 pistols have serial numbers of 30000 or higher (that is 330-30000 or more) and original SR9 pistols have serial numbers below 30000 (that is, 330-29999 or less). Of course, if you purchased a used SR9 or recently purchased a new SR9, it may already have the retrofit parts.

It is easy to determine if your pistol has been retrofitted by simply looking at it. Although both the old and new trigger group have a two-stage trigger, the original design had an inner "shoe" that was not visible and, therefore, appeared to be a single trigger (See Figure 1, below). The new trigger design incorporates a visible inner trigger of a blade design (See Figure 2, below).

Go to Ruger.com, at the bottom of the site page it has a box that states: SR9 Recall, click-it!!!!

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
jhearne":up5jp76y said:
this is a Double Stack so it belongs with the other's in it's category, Glock G19, or the Sig P250 in the Compact Variant.
Josh

Well, I agree it's a double-stack but it's no G19. I just bought my second G19 last week. I have the SR9c, and it's a decent gun (now), but if it's a Chevy, the Glock 19 is a Rolls or maybe even a Lear.
The SR9c is particularly nice, as I see it, due to its small size, thinness, and 1911-type safety. Much easier to conceal than the G19.
Of course, the SR9c should be compared to the Glock 26. The SR9c is basically the same overall size, but noticeably thinner, than the Glock 26 subcompact and I've shown overlays of that pair before. That Ruger SR9c is a good gun; I like it. But.. Glocks are great guns...IMHO
Sonnytoo

David-Z

Bearcat
Just put another 200 rounds through my SR9c with-out any hic-ups at all and had a great grouping on the target. Really enjoyed the fact that the SR9c has both the right & left mag-release and manual safety (right & left also), and the serrated front end. These are items I was going to put on my Glock 19 but by purchasing the SR9c instead I actually saved some cash...LOL. I also enjoy the Glock which is also a great pistol, but find I'm liking the SR9c the more I use it. It also carries great and I enjoy the fact that it's made here in the U.S. Find I'm getting tired of supporting every other county but ours. Guess thats one of the big reasons I'm becoming hooked on Rugers plus they have great support and make solid weapons which is what I need to safe-guard my family.

Take care all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! David-Z

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I own an SR9c and love it.
I also have a Glock 22 (for over 20) years that I would gladly trade on a Ruger SR40 if and when they come out...... :D

I am that impressed with the SR series.

Now if you compare it to a SIG or HK, it's just not as finished.
(I own a Sig P229R) But it shots as good! 8)

(All are just my 2 cents)

Lateck,

powwowell

Bearcat
I have an SR9c and a Glock 19, so my opinion should count. I prefer it over the Glock 19 for two main reasons. It has a manual safety!!! For those who don't want a manual safety, this is a moot issue. For those of us who feel comfortable with a manual safety, the SR9c IS a home run. I feel OK with carrying it "with one in the chamber".

The SR9c grip angle is more "standard" that the Glock. The SR9c just points and feels better.

What's not to like about the loaded chamber indicator?

The sights are great! And, they are adjustable.

My SR9c fits reasonable well in my Don Hume, G19 holster.

Carrying the SR9c with the 10 round mag, with the extended mag grip and a 17 round mag for reloading, is the ultimate in concealability and firepower.

I'm not in a hurry to sell my Glock 19 though.

My 2 cents worth.

A

Anonymous

I went to Gunbroker.com, watched for a few days for a stainless SR9c.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =184525659

$385 plus $20 ground shipping to a FFL dealer in town who will do the transfer for $25. I cant hardly wait.

I'm looking forward to adding the crimson trace laser and a good holster.
Any suggestions here?

Hope you find this helpful. This is my first time posting. I'll report after some targets get painted.

juicerey

Bearcat
I have both the Glock 19 and Ruger Sr9c. They both are very accurate but I just like the way the SR9c fitts in my hand better. It is by far my favorite gun I own.

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
It is great to see so much love for the c. I never thought I would see people with Glocks say they prefer a Ruger. Goes to show what a great gun the c is. I don't have a Glock now, but I have owned one. Just could not grow to like the feel. It was accurate and reliable. But not comfortable in my hand. When I first tried a SR9, it was like it was made for my short fat hand. Only wished it was smaller. Well Ruger read my mind, and many others. It is perfect for me and I love it. Thanks Ruger. I just wish I could have kept my SR9.

Bill

jhearne

Buckeye
David-Z, note the date on the SR9 Recall you posted about, that was back in 2008 and the changes made then are present in the SR9c. Glad to see you enjoying the SR9c!

Josh