SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Burley

Bearcat
Melting looks real good. I never thought I'd live to see Rev gush over an SR 9, compact or what ever. I didn't even notice those forward slide serations before. My CZ PCR has 'em. 13 lines over about an inch and an eighth.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Burley":3jtstpv9 said:
I never thought I'd live to see Rev gush over an SR 9, compact or what ever.

Without the rail and front serrations it's a VERY handsome gun, and even better when melted. Wish they made it that way. It just looks so busy and cluttered with those two things ... so much so that I wouldn't buy it in it's current configuration ... primarily because I have two other carry pieces.

REV

CATTLEDAWG

Bearcat
I'm sorry fellers...but I am of the opinion that the SR9 is simply inferior to it's peers...and the compact version is no different...I have officially jumped on the "Ruger just doesn't get it" band wagon...the LCR was a brilliant move...the LCP was a good addition to their line up...and adding their own AR was smart I think...but that's about it...their prices compare to the compatition, but most of their new products do not...

revhigh

Hawkeye
Oooooh Cattledawg, you are treading on some thin ice, trust me .... I know. :D LOL. I'm pretty tough on Ruger semi's, primarily from an accuracy standpoint. From a purely cosmetic point of view, I think the 9c is really nice looking if it lost the front serrations and rail, which of course, most likely won't happen.

Generally speaking I agree with you though. They've had some rough releases lately, and their products don't stand up well to ohers in the class. I'm still hoping for a base, but accurized 1911.

We'll have to see if the peening issues plague the 9c like they did (and still do) the SR9. If reports start coming in about peening, that would be the death blow for the SR platform. I really hope that doesn't happen. Maybe they'll release an SR9C AS (anti-snag) and lose the front slide serrations and rail, and do a little melting on the slide and sights. I think I'd have to buy one if they did. Even if the accuracy was lacking, it's a close in carry gun, so I could forgive that.

I for one am truly hoping that reports don't start pouring in of failures and peening and the like, and certainly hope there's no recall. My opinion is that most buyers will probably LIKE the FSS and rail, so I'm probably in a minority there. I just really don't like non-functional stuff on guns just for the sake of gussying them up.

I bet the 9c sells like hotcakes ... and I'll be glad if it does. It just won't sell to me in it's current cosmetic configuration.

REV

ConradM

Blackhawk
SR9C is listed on impact for $415. Not bad. :D

I'm thinking SR9c for carry, get a weapon light for the SR9 and leave it as a dedicated HD gun.

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
I noticed they finally got added to the various davidsons listings (smaller shops). No inventory shown yet. I'm guessing the first run will go straight out to dealers with not much inventory stocked back. Still trying to get a line on one so I can put my name all over it. I think, at least in my area, $400 wouldn't be bad. We have one shop here that has 4 SR9's, 2 black and then 2 stainless, for the great price of $515 ea. If you ask nice, they'll give you $10 off. Or you go to one of the other shops and pay about $80 less.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Turbobuddha":3asq5pn0 said:
Or you go to one of the other shops and pay about $80 less.

That's what I'd do, AND, I'd TELL THEM that's what I was going to do ....

REV

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
tkarter":3n5td3ru said:
With prices like that on a SR9 one may as well go Glock.

imho

tk

I would go M&P or XD loooong before I went Glock. Just don't like those stupid things.

But yeah, they've had those in there for a while. I don't think they care. One of the black on blacks is trashed as well. You can't hardly get a mag to go in it. It keeps catching on something. I pointed it out to them and they just went, oh well, and stuck it back on the shelf. Went in a while later and looked at it, same thing, same response. I don't go there much anymore.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
tkarter":2vwymggj said:
With prices like that on a SR9 one may as well go Glock.

imho

tk

I paid a little under $400.00 out the door for my SR9 , Glocks run $500.00 + around here!

revhigh

Hawkeye
The post tk was referring to mentioned that SR9's were $515. Which of course is absurdly high by well over $100.

REV

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Yes I would have a Glock before I paid 515 for the SR9. Especially since the best Ruger 9mm is the P95 imho.

tk

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
tkarter":1bcijjok said:
Yes I would have a Glock before I paid 515 for the SR9. Especially since the best Ruger 9mm is the P95 imho.

tk

If your where doing a "what if" for $500 to $550,i can think of 3-4 guns I'd like to have ! a few CZ , EAA Witness Elite Match and even a MP-9. Im sorry I just cant stand the SMALL sights on the Glocks + the grip.. To what ever works best for you my friend.....

tkarter

Single-Sixer
We can all be different as we like. But paying $515 for an SR9 means you are being attacked and really needing it at the time or you are silly.

tk

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
tkarter":19y29x6k said:
We can all be different as we like. But paying $515 for an SR9 means you are being attacked and really needing it at the time or you are silly.

tk

The fellow was taken advantage of for sure!

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Naw Turbo walked off. He just said they were trying to get that much for one. Not that they ever would.

tk

NC-P95

Bearcat
tkarter":3ib6fd4z said:

tk

That's what I've been thinking too... I'd like to have an SR9, but since I already have "the best" Ruger 9mm, the P95, I can see a Glock 30 in my future... :p