SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tkarter

Single-Sixer
When I go Glock it will be G19. It will take a couple years before I buy a carry holster for it the P95 is my carry gun I trust.

I just no longer need to wear it out on the range as I know where I am going to shoot with it.

tk

TBear77

Single-Sixer
Think I'm going to wait and see what additional configurations Ruger makes in the future. The SR9c appears to be about the size I want for CC, but I don't really want the rail and front serations. As far as color, an OD version like the SR9 would be my preferance.

Ted

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
tkarter":3ui19ewr said:
Naw Turbo walked off. He just said they were trying to get that much for one. Not that they ever would.

tk

Ooops , I didnt see that part. Thank God he walked off.

snakespit

Bearcat
For those who like Photo Shop

21550_1321451000211_1348904469_913349_2757029_n.jpg

Before

21550_1321449320169_1348904469_913339_5130712_n.jpg

After

It's a little shorter up front and rear. I cut down the grip too. Might be a nine rounder now. No rail. The sights are off a glock. No front serrations either,witch don't look all bad.

what do you think?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Now why would you say Bud's sucks. They're an excellent online dealer with great prices, and because there's a new model and high demand, and they can't get enough to supply YOU .... they suck ?? Run on down to your local dealer and see if THEY have SR9C's ... my guess is THEY'LL SUCK too.

REV

SR-FAN

Bearcat
In my humble opinion:

1 - Bud's doesn't suck. I've bought several guns from Bud's and have been very happy with everything relating to the purchase.

2 - $500 is way too much for an SR9 which is just a bit over what I paid for #1. I then averaged my cost down by buying a second like new one with extra mags for $300. That buy brought things back into balance.

3 - Obviously I like the SR9. I shoot it weekly in competition and it performs very well for me. I also use the SR9 as my defense weapon simply due to familiarity from frequent shooting. I like 17+1 and the feel of the SR9 over my M&P or Sig. I'm not a Glock guy but will admit that given the large, qualified and knowledgeable fan base and my lack of experience with Glocks, I have no grounds to slam the gun.

The SR9c has me intrigued. I think the magazine options are a neat idea. You can go compact or full size with the new SR9c.

I'd like a couple SR9c's and an SR-556 added to my collection.

revhigh

Hawkeye
thehammer":1xcs5m13 said:
My opinion - Dud's sucks, freedom of speech... maybe you can get me banned for speaking my opinion make sure you go run to the Moderators now - FB...!!

Freedom of speech works both ways, hammer, and just for the record, you are talking to one of the moderators .... Care to enlighten me as to what FB means ???

REV

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
thehammer":3cwgcx7d said:
My opinion - Dud's sucks, freedom of speech... maybe you can get me banned for speaking my opinion make sure you go run to the Moderators now - FB...!!

You need to lighten up, if you look for trouble ,you'll find it! :roll: Your allowed to give your opinion on any gun[good or bad], no need to attack people here!!!!!

CenterTree

Bearcat
Hmmm, went to my local (most helpful...lol) Gander Mt today to get info on the Ruger SR9c, I was curious to when they would have it available to purchase...well not one of the THREE gun experts even heard of this gun. They just kept pointing to the SR9 in the case. Why do I even bother going in to that place, I should know better.

Looking at the SR9c hard. I really like the SR9 and the LCP. This would fill that gap.
And Buds is great to do business with. Good prices and they run a few great sales a year.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Has anyone seen them on buds website since a couple weeks ago? I can't find them on there anymore. I already have one coming to me from my LGS but I was just curious.

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
I was reading the following review and it sounds like they have a different trigger setup now for the SR9 family. Did I miss something somewhere?

http://www.americanrifleman.org/BlogEnt ... 066&cid=25

The Ruger SR9c is a much improved SR9. The trigger is unexpectedly good. In fact, it's so good that one of the editors joked around with our Ruger rep and asked who made the trigger for them. The new trigger is going to be put into all SR9's from here on out. Unfortunately, you can't retro fit your old SR9 with this new trigger.

Al James

Hunter
revhigh":cgdrth0h said:
Turbobuddha":cgdrth0h said:
Unfortunately, you can't retro fit your old SR9 with this new trigger.

Real nice ....

No Rev....its Uber nice! That is Lamo.
Nothing like tanking the value of my 1st Gen SR9. Maybe we can negotiate a bailout. Obama you listening? :wink:

ConradM

Blackhawk
Turbobuddha":3fobqdqd said:
I was reading the following review and it sounds like they have a different trigger setup now for the SR9 family. Did I miss something somewhere?

http://www.americanrifleman.org/BlogEnt ... 066&cid=25

The Ruger SR9c is a much improved SR9. The trigger is unexpectedly good. In fact, it's so good that one of the editors joked around with our Ruger rep and asked who made the trigger for them. The new trigger is going to be put into all SR9's from here on out. Unfortunately, you can't retro fit your old SR9 with this new trigger.

Wow.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
From the manual on the Ruger site:

http://ruger.com/products/_manuals/sr9c.pdf

There doesn't appear to be any drastic difference in the trigger system, unless the firing control housing has had some dimensions changed due to the smaller frame. Also, maybe the new striker assembly is shorter to fit the smaller slide.

-JT

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
I didn't thing of comparing the manuals. D'uh.

The frame portions that contain those components seems to be the same size so that shouldn't be any different. I guess I'll just have to buy one and check it out in person.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Al James":iqkhcsoc said:
revhigh":iqkhcsoc said:
Turbobuddha":iqkhcsoc said:
Unfortunately, you can't retro fit your old SR9 with this new trigger.

Real nice ....

No Rev....its Uber nice! That is Lamo.
Nothing like tanking the value of my 1st Gen SR9. Maybe we can negotiate a bailout. Obama you listening? :wink:

Sorry to hear about your 'Gen 1' SR9, Al. Nothing like a company saying ... buy my products now, ... we'll get it right a few years from now, so you can buy another one then .... by the way, there's no way to make your old one right, either .... sorry.

REV