SR9C magazine/model question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
I would really like to buy a new SR9C Does anyone know if there is a NY compliant version? One that would come with two 10 round mags instead of one 10 and one 17rd mag

Kevets

Bearcat
A 10+10 version is available, has been around in California for a while. Couldn't tell you how/where though, I've never looked for that one.

SR Fan

Bearcat
My SR9C came with two 10 round mags and i don't even live in a state that has a mag limit.

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
Further research and I found the model I would have to buy.
there are two. Catalog 3316 for brushed stainless
Catalog 3317 for Black Nitride
Both come with 2 10 round mags.
These cat numbers were on Ruger site i think they are actually
3333 and 3334 respectively

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
Actually dont want the 17 round mag. I prefer the 10. Saves me the trouble of buying another one. I think it makes a nice concealed carry gun with the 10 rd. the larger mag in my opinion defeats its intended use.
Jmho

Clovishound

Blackhawk
When I bought my SR9c, I thought I would use the 17 round at the range, and the 10 for carry. I like the feel of the 17 round, but it does make the gun look awkward IMO.

After I had the weapon for a while, I decided I needed to train with the gun in the condition I would be using it, if God forbid, I ever had to.

So, now the 17 round sits on top of the safe, loaded up with SD rounds, just in case I need to grab a spare mag in the middle of the night. Hasn't been in the gun in over a year.

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
Bought one of the 10 round versions from Grabagun.com All black version NIB for $408 SHIPPED to my FFL dealer I think thats a very good price. Transfer fee is $25 Cant wait for it to arrive.
TJ

TXRuger

Bearcat
tjironhorse said:
Bought one of the 10 round versions from Grabagun.com All black version NIB for $408 SHIPPED to my FFL dealer I think thats a very good price. Transfer fee is $25 Cant wait for it to arrive.
TJ

Yep, that's a good price. Congrats!

Trucker

Single-Sixer
SR Fan said:
My SR9C came with two 10 round mags and i don't even live in a state that has a mag limit.
That is would indicate the dealer probably grabbed what he could get. The two 10 rounders are boxed to ship to states that have laws limiting the magazine size [number of rounds a mag can hold]. For shipment to states without the limit on the number of rounds you can legally carry the SR9C is boxed with one 10 round and one 17 round magazine.

A buddy of mine bought a SR9 that came with two magazines BLOCKED SO THEY'D ONLY HOLD 10 ROUNDS!! Same deal! My buddy didn't know any better and argued with me that the gun was supposed to only have 10 round magazines! I took him back to the dealer and he admitted he had grabbed what he could get! Most likely transshipped from another dealer in a state with the limited carry laws. They're hard to come by and the dealer don't like empty show cases and the customers will take what they can get too.

GKC

Blackhawk
tjironhorse said:
Actually dont want the 17 round mag. I prefer the 10. Saves me the trouble of buying another one. I think it makes a nice concealed carry gun with the 10 rd. the larger mag in my opinion defeats its intended use.
Jmho

I bet you wouldn't have any trouble trading your 17 round magazine for a 10 round magazine in the classifieds here. I don't have a SR9c anymore, or I'd certainly trade you! I much prefer the 17 round magazines for this gun...my hand fits better. I didn't carry mine concealed, so that wasn't an issue.