SR9 holsters?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

STL_SR9er

Bearcat
Jay1958":qna2hui9 said:
Thanks for the reply, STL_SR9er, but I guess I wasn't clear...

I am leaving my pistol in the trunk in a lock box. My issue with the hoster, which I like otherwise - is twofold:

1. It's more of a hassle to get it on and off than other IWB holsters...

2. Once I get it off, I have to put it in another container in my trunk, because it's the only carry holster I own that won't fit in the lockbox with the pistol still inside it.

I guess my main point is: I don't like wearing the holster empty when I have to leave the pistol in the lockbox in the trunk.

I do appreciate your input and would welcome the input of others.

STL_SR9er":qna2hui9 said:
I would suggest a vehicle lock box. They can be had for around $30 and up. They have cables you can buy to secure it the the frame/seat. Lock it up in the box, and wear the holster empty till you're back in the car.
I dont know man, try a bigger lock box? Im still waiting on my license, but I will be using a Crossbreed and locking the gun up (leaving the holster on) whenever I need to enter a post office, hospital etc... It actually seems fairly convenient to do it that way. I've never carried yet, so I may be crazy but if you gear up and notch your belt to hold tight with an IWB on, then wouldnt your pants be falling down if you took the whole thing off?

Jay1958

Bearcat
My intent is not to complain, I was asking for suggestions or ideas - if anyone else thought of a better way to utilize the MTAC...

Like many other people, I post positive reviews of the items I like, and often I follow other people's advice as well, learning from their experience - good or bad. I'm always seeing such glowing reports on how wonderful the MTAC is, so I tried one out. Well, for me, it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread - I don't even use it very much.

I apologize if I am seeming to complain - maybe someone else who doesn't like to wear empty holsters will benefit from my experience?

ConradM":keub283l said:
You know, not to be rude but... It really just sounds like you're complaining to much. Seriously, who is bothered about wearing an empty IWB holster... You can barely even tell it's there. The MTAC is a great IWB holster, probably the best... if you don't like it, then stop using it. Simple.

gregnauman

Bearcat
gregnauman":1l1c20cw said:
I purchased the Mitch Rosen holster from the Ruger website.

ITS AWESOME. The fit and finish are perfect. The gun fits really snug in the holster and is easily drawn without the need to fumble with a retension strap.

I figured out it is the Mitch Rosen model 5JR-EXP. Its the same price from ruger as from Mitch Rosen I believe.

http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/ ... _line.html

http://shopruger.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... CatId=null

I just now purchased the matching belt for this holster from Mitch Rosen. Its a BHL-EXP.

All I can say is WOW, and buy the belt if you have this holster.

It makes it much more comfortable to carry, holds the weapon much more close to the body and I wouldnt go back to a off the shelf belt that fits the loops for nothing.
The stiffness of the leather in the belt holds the weapon way more secure.

If you are buying a holster, budget for a matching or good gun belt as well.

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
gregnauman":nw49eorw said:
I just now purchased the matching belt for this holster from Mitch Rosen. Its a BHL-EXP.

It makes it much more comfortable to carry, holds the weapon much more close to the body and I wouldnt go back to a off the shelf belt that fits the loops for nothing.
So, are you saying this particular gun belt is better than other gunbelts, or is this the first time you've carried using a true gunbelt?

BTW, I agree that using a good quality gunbelt makes a huge difference in carry effectiveness and comfort. I've got other gunbelts from vendors like The Beltman and 5.11 Tactical that I wear every day.

scmartin23

Bearcat
I carry with a Galco 226 OWB every day and it is comfortable. The only problem was the price, $95. I would buy one again, except that I'm getting a Glock 19 and that is what the holster was originally designed for.

gregnauman

Bearcat
Hey frog,

Just received my conceal carry a couple of weeks ago. Before getting this I just had a regular belt that fit the holster tabs perfect.

When I got my conceal carry I decided to get a true gunbelt and this is my first.

WOW is it stiff, but makes carrying the gun WAY BETTER.

Im new to carry and read everywhere to buy a good belt. Well took the advice and since I had the mitch rosen I just decided to get his belt.

Really glad I did and after a few weeks of carry I hardly know its there.

SR9 is slim, mitch rosen 5jr and matching belt really sucks the gun to your side.

Very comfortable and I really like this setup for carry.

I also now have a Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser and a pocket holster for the times when I dont want to carry the full size.

Jumping Frog":1lv84z7o said:
gregnauman":1lv84z7o said:

So, are you saying this particular gun belt is better than other gunbelts, or is this the first time you've carried using a true gunbelt?

BTW, I agree that using a good quality gunbelt makes a huge difference in carry effectiveness and comfort. I've got other gunbelts from vendors like The Beltman and 5.11 Tactical that I wear every day.

9Mill_Bill

Bearcat
I didn't see the Kholster mentioned yet. I just got mine in the mail today, and it seems to be a quality product. It is a tuckable IWB, I believe they are about $50 shipped. I got mine for $35 a week and a half ago when he had a sale :D

6705dab9.jpg

c8565e49.jpg

Gat0rBait

Bearcat
been looking for a holster but no one stocks them in my area and afraid to drop the money and then not like it.

What we really need from this thread is some pictures of people actually wearing the holsters and see how well they conceal etc. Anyone?

9Mill_Bill

Bearcat
Gat0rBait":15zazaq1 said:
been looking for a holster but no one stocks them in my area and afraid to drop the money and then not like it.

What we really need from this thread is some pictures of people actually wearing the holsters and see how well they conceal etc. Anyone?

I agree, I would...but sadly I don't have my SR9 yet (another week or two on layaway). I did put the holster on and it does seem comfortable, but with no gun....can't say yet?

I know I will likely trim it up, and get rid of some of the excess leather once I see how the gun sits in it.

I also didn't want to spend the money and not like it, but this holster comes with a 90 day unconditional warranty, even if you trim the leather and what not. So I figured I really have nothing to lose if I don't like it.

Once I get my gun, I will post pics wearing it.....unless someone beats me to it by then.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Gat0rBait":1i8i7kba said:

My Mtac.

IMG_37841280x768-1.jpg

IMG_37821280x768.jpg

Very awesome IWB.

9Mill_Bill

Bearcat
Looks good, is that a tuckable holster? I personally never wear an untucked shirt, maybe you coud post a pic with the shirt tucked in? I think most IWB's are easily concealealed with the shirt hanging out. A lot of us tuck our shirts in. Mine looks good, but like I said....no gun in it. maybe I should stick a remote control in it to see if it prints...LOL!

Thanks, and us SR9 owners need to stick together, it's a sweet gun!!

ConradM

Blackhawk
Oh yea it is. I almost never tuck my shirt in. But I have done it once or twice with the Mtac.