SR9 holsters?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

backdrafted

Bearcat
STL_SR9er":33ld0g5p said:
Napalmhead":33ld0g5p said:
I received my Crossbreed Supertuck for my SR9 last week and I like the fit even better than the Supertuck for my XD-40. The gun just disappears in the 5 o'clock position. I also got a Crossbreed single mag holder which fits the SR9 and XD magazines. When it comes to IWB I have found Supertucks to be the most comfortable. For open carry I like the Blackhawk Serpa CQC holsters.
So the butt of the grip doesn't poke out at all? Is there anyway for someone to post a pic or two of the crossbreed being used with an SR9?

+1 for church

backdrafted

Bearcat
MrShoeBoy":312selzw said:
I would love to open carry but todays society is too skiddish and would freak out. I am rather young, and I feel I would be excessivly hassled by an encounter with law enforcement so I would rather keep it concealed.

Plus keeping it undercover makes my dreams of being a secret agent more of a reality 8)

AARON

Exercise your right its the only way to make it strong. Don't let the stupidity of the masses fear you into giving up your rights. Learn this young.

I conceal carry OWB fletch or crossbreed snapslide all season, in just a tee shirt for summer. I don't care if it prints. Open carry the same way. Its my right. Snapslide is awesome btw.

MrShoeBoy

Bearcat
Exercise your right its the only way to make it strong. Don't let the stupidity of the masses fear you into giving up your rights. Learn this young.

I conceal carry OWB fletch or crossbreed snapslide all season, in just a tee shirt for summer. I don't care if it prints. Open carry the same way. Its my right. Snapslide is awesome btw.[/quote]

I am all about exercising my rights, just right now I do not have the resources to defend my right. Its my time and money are in very short amounts and I just can not afford to deal with a bad LEO encounter and getting a lawyer to "clear" my name even though I did nothing wrong. Sure its law that I SHOULD be able to do this, but sometimes reality does not work out that way. In a year when I am out of grad school and have some money, it wont be such a big deal for me.

A cover layer over a T-shirt hides the gun competly so I think I have everything figured out with my Comp-Tek IWB at the 5 oclock position.

AARON

STL_SR9er

Bearcat
So Im going to throw this out there again and see if someone will bite. Can I see a pic of the SR9 in an IWB? Specifically how the grip positions against you.

flyers76

Bearcat
Can't help with IWB holsters, but just got a Fobus HK1 paddle which works fine, and price ($28) is fine, too.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Just ordered my Comptac Mtac IWB sunday... should be here in about 2 - 3 weeks depending on how fast they make it. I'll def post pics up as soon as I get it.

Oh and a note about the Fobus HK1, it's a great holster and I OC with mine everyday... But I would never try to CC it, the grip just sticks to far away from your body. It prints even with a large hoody. But again, it's a great OC holster.

mekender

Single-Sixer
ConradM":2cjkhzac said:
Just ordered my Comptac Mtac IWB sunday... should be here in about 2 - 3 weeks depending on how fast they make it. I'll def post pics up as soon as I get it.

Oh and a note about the Fobus HK1, it's a great holster and I OC with mine everyday... But I would never try to CC it, the grip just sticks to far away from your body. It prints even with a large hoody. But again, it's a great OC holster.

it works pretty well under a thick winter jacket, but yea... other than that, it doesnt conceal...

ConradM

Blackhawk
Just logged on to comp-tac... Apparently my holster is finished and shipping sometime today :shock: Was supposed to take 10 days....

STL_SR9er

Bearcat
ConradM":rzw213ft said:
Just logged on to comp-tac... Apparently my holster is finished and shipping sometime today :shock: Was supposed to take 10 days....
I thought you bought a crossbreed a while back? Or am I crazy... :?

ConradM

Blackhawk
flyers76":3pxpu5ws said:
ConradM - can you provide prices for the Mtac IWB and the Crossbreed?

My Mtac was around $90 after shipping... Not sure on the Crossbreed...

ConradM

Blackhawk
STL_SR9er":3tkpjuhe said:
ConradM":3tkpjuhe said:
I thought you bought a crossbreed a while back? Or am I crazy... :?

Nope, I have a HK1 and an uncle mikes nylon holster.

ConradM

Blackhawk
The Crossbreed Supertuck is $69.75... I thought it was less. So only a $10 difference from the Mtac.

Jay1958

Bearcat
I have a Comp-Tac MTAC Minotaur and I like it okay - as long as I don't have to go anywhere that I am not allowed to carry... if I do, then it's a hassle.

My choices are:

1. wear the holster empty and leave the pistol in the trunk

2. hassle with taking the holster off and stowing the holster and the pistol SEPARATELY. Yes, that's right, the holster won't fit in lockbox in the trunk. It's about the only CC holster I own that won't fit in the lockbox with the pistol inside it.

For this reason, I usually use other IWB holsters that have a simple hook that I can snap on and snap off my belt and then pop the holster in the lockbox, still holding the pistol. All my other holsters are smaller and will fit in the lockbox.

Has anybody come up with a better way? I like the holster but it's too much of a hassle when I have to leave it in the car. In my state, we aren't allowed to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, so this situation occurs fairly regularly, not to mention the odd trip to the post office, courthhouse, or other state or federal property...

ruumis":2evsn6so said:
I just ordered an extra SR9 minotaur body for my Comp-Tac MTAC. originally I had ordered the MTAC for my HK P2000SK. Now I can use it for both.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Jay1958":3hpuiudt said:
I have a Comp-Tac MTAC Minotaur and I like it okay - as long as I don't have to go anywhere that I am not allowed to carry... if I do, then it's a hassle.

My choices are:

2. hassle with taking the holster off and stowing the holster and the pistol SEPARATELY. Yes, that's right, the holster won't fit in lockbox in the trunk. It's about the only CC holster I own that won't fit in the lockbox with the pistol inside it.

For this reason, I usually use other IWB holsters that have a simple hook that I can snap on and snap off my belt and then pop the holster in the lockbox, still holding the pistol. All my other holsters are smaller and will fit in the lockbox.

Has anybody come up with a better way? I like the holster but it's too much of a hassle when I have to leave it in the car. In my state, we aren't allowed to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, so this situation occurs fairly regularly, not to mention the odd trip to the post office, courthhouse, or other state or federal property...

ruumis":3hpuiudt said:
I just ordered an extra SR9 minotaur body for my Comp-Tac MTAC. originally I had ordered the MTAC for my HK P2000SK. Now I can use it for both.

Dont have that problem. The only place here you can't carry is the theater.

MrShoeBoy

Bearcat
ConradM":36t803iy said:

How did you get around the no carry in the post office?

Also what theater, movie or performing arts? My local movie theater and live theater building doesnt have it posted. Wonder if its a corporate thing or local?

AARON

ConradM

Blackhawk
MrShoeBoy":2z7ywcky said:
ConradM":2z7ywcky said:

How did you get around the no carry in the post office?

Also what theater, movie or performing arts? My local movie theater and live theater building doesnt have it posted. Wonder if its a corporate thing or local?

AARON

Don't go to the post :p It's a movie theater.. and i'm sure it's a corporate thing.

STL_SR9er

Bearcat
Jay1958":7eeaqneh said:

My choices are:

ruumis":7eeaqneh said:
I would suggest a vehicle lock box. They can be had for around $30 and up. They have cables you can buy to secure it the the frame/seat. Lock it up in the box, and wear the holster empty till you're back in the car.

Jay1958

Bearcat
Thanks for the reply, STL_SR9er, but I guess I wasn't clear...

I am leaving my pistol in the trunk in a lock box. My issue with the hoster, which I like otherwise - is twofold:

1. It's more of a hassle to get it on and off than other IWB holsters...

2. Once I get it off, I have to put it in another container in my trunk, because it's the only carry holster I own that won't fit in the lockbox with the pistol still inside it.

I guess my main point is: I don't like wearing the holster empty when I have to leave the pistol in the lockbox in the trunk.

I do appreciate your input and would welcome the input of others.

STL_SR9er":k6qnjo6r said:
I would suggest a vehicle lock box. They can be had for around $30 and up. They have cables you can buy to secure it the the frame/seat. Lock it up in the box, and wear the holster empty till you're back in the car.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Jay1958":82enofmt said:
Thanks for the reply, STL_SR9er, but I guess I wasn't clear...

I am leaving my pistol in the trunk in a lock box. My issue with the hoster, which I like otherwise - is twofold:

1. It's more of a hassle to get it on and off than other IWB holsters...

2. Once I get it off, I have to put it in another container in my trunk, because it's the only carry holster I own that won't fit in the lockbox with the pistol still inside it.

I guess my main point is: I don't like wearing the holster empty when I have to leave the pistol in the lockbox in the trunk.

I do appreciate your input and would welcome the input of others.

STL_SR9er":82enofmt said:

You know, not to be rude but... It really just sounds like you're complaining to much. Seriously, who is bothered about wearing an empty IWB holster... You can barely even tell it's there. The MTAC is a great IWB holster, probably the best... if you don't like it, then stop using it. Simple.