SR9 holsters?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

drs1457

Bearcat
That's a good looking holster. I started out buying leather holsters and have since migrated to Kydex for a few of my carry guns.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Got my HK1 in the mail today!

IMG_36081280x768.jpg

IMG_36101280x768.jpg

Fits like a dream. It also makes me feel secure in that my weapon won't get snagged from behind. You really have to pull it straight up and out or else it doesn't work.

ConradM

Blackhawk
drs1457":rnm2yaug said:
Nice! I like OWB paddles.

I'm surprised at how comfortable it is. The paddle supports the weight of the gun well. The mag on the other hand is digging into my love handle. :lol:

ConradM

Blackhawk
drs1457":22ku56y8 said:
Hey Conrad,
Yeah, my mag carrier digs into my belly a bit too.

I slid mine around the back a bit. Works much better that way.

MrShoeBoy

Bearcat
Any luck with a small of the back holster for the SR9?

I am a thin guy and the Comp-Tac IWB holster holster I have makes it pretty obvious I have a gun on my hip under my shirt. Its fine if I have a jacket or sweatshirt on, but the weather is starting to warm up and I wont be wearing a jacket. Was wondering if the small of the back for the SR9 would conceal a bit better.

Thanks,

AARON

mekender

Single-Sixer
MrShoeBoy":m9fxfdvr said:
Any luck with a small of the back holster for the SR9?

I am a thin guy and the Comp-Tac IWB holster holster I have makes it pretty obvious I have a gun on my hip under my shirt. Its fine if I have a jacket or sweatshirt on, but the weather is starting to warm up and I wont be wearing a jacket. Was wondering if the small of the back for the SR9 would conceal a bit better.

Thanks,

AARON

it probably would conceal better... but you run a huge risk of self injury... should you fall either by accident or as a result of an attack, you run the risk of damaging your spine... i believe that is why most people frown on small of back carry... after all, what good is fighting back when you are paralyzed from the waist down...

your better solution might be to wear a second layer or a looser shirt...

MrShoeBoy

Bearcat
I never thought about the spine injury. Seems reasonable enough to look for other options.

I think the real solution for me would be to carry a smaller more compact pistol for the summer time. Time to go shopping :D

AARON

ConradM

Blackhawk
MrShoeBoy":1rwgzh4d said:
I never thought about the spine injury. Seems reasonable enough to look for other options.

I think the real solution for me would be to carry a smaller more compact pistol for the summer time. Time to go shopping :D

AARON

Or you can just OC. :D

MrShoeBoy

Bearcat
I would love to open carry but todays society is too skiddish and would freak out. I am rather young, and I feel I would be excessivly hassled by an encounter with law enforcement so I would rather keep it concealed.

Plus keeping it undercover makes my dreams of being a secret agent more of a reality 8)

AARON

ConradM

Blackhawk
MrShoeBoy":1iikr1e7 said:
I would love to open carry but todays society is too skiddish and would freak out. I am rather young, and I feel I would be excessivly hassled by an encounter with law enforcement so I would rather keep it concealed.

Plus keeping it undercover makes my dreams of being a secret agent more of a reality 8)

AARON

I suppose it depends on where you live also. Here in Boise it isn't much of a big deal. I get a couple of stares and double takes... But nobody has run screaming... yet. :lol:

gregnauman

Bearcat

Napalmhead

Bearcat
I received my Crossbreed Supertuck for my SR9 last week and I like the fit even better than the Supertuck for my XD-40. The gun just disappears in the 5 o'clock position. I also got a Crossbreed single mag holder which fits the SR9 and XD magazines. When it comes to IWB I have found Supertucks to be the most comfortable. For open carry I like the Blackhawk Serpa CQC holsters.

STL_SR9er

Bearcat
Napalmhead":1ridmiui said:
I received my Crossbreed Supertuck for my SR9 last week and I like the fit even better than the Supertuck for my XD-40. The gun just disappears in the 5 o'clock position. I also got a Crossbreed single mag holder which fits the SR9 and XD magazines. When it comes to IWB I have found Supertucks to be the most comfortable. For open carry I like the Blackhawk Serpa CQC holsters.
So the butt of the grip doesn't poke out at all? Is there anyway for someone to post a pic or two of the crossbreed being used with an SR9?

tj_cubin

Bearcat
Has anyone tried a smart carry holster for an SR9?
I just bought my SR9 as my first handgun, and picked up a smart carry holster. So far i have just been wearing it around the house to get a feel for it. Its pretty comfortable and I love the concealment, but drawing can be a bit cumbersome.
If you have one, what size is it? I ordered it and told them the model of gun and barrel length. They sent me a medium (security model), and i feel that it should be a bit bigger for the SR9. It covers the trigger, but I would feel better if the pocket was deep enough to cover up to the mag release.