SR9 holsters?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ruumis

Bearcat
STL_SR9er":3iovup00 said:
If you guys were going to go IWB, which of these two would you pick? Crossbreed Super Tuck or a Comp-Tac ? Im assuming that these are among the best of the IWB's available?

the super tuck and the MTAC are essentially the same product, with one very notable exception: the MTAC allows you to purchase additional Kydex "bodies" for other pistols, as opposed to buying an entirely separate MTAC for each gun. This saves you ~50% and is not an option with the Crossbreed product. that type of versatility makes me recommend the MTAC, along with my own personal experience.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
There's nothing wrong with the MTAC, seems like a very good holster. I'm just loyal to Crossbreed because of their stellar customer service, lifetime warantee (with no restocking fee) and 2 week "try it free" guarantee. I'd probably be as happy with the MTAC, it just happened that Crossbreed got me first with my P345 (no MTAC available for it, or my LCP)

kvnsll

Bearcat
I just got my SR9 today and already had the Galco for the P345 and the SR9 fit it very nicely. It is the three slot Galco sold by Ruger.

tguil

Single-Sixer
ConradM":3i84jgkm said:
So I decided I would OC tonight since I have a holster and MAN did I get some reactions... :lol: Not sure what I was expecting, but it was an experience no less.

Although I live in an open carry state, someone openly carrying a handgun could very easily end up with a disturbing the peace citation. You might want to consider that.

Tom

ConradM

Blackhawk
tguil":249o0rh8 said:
ConradM":249o0rh8 said:
So I decided I would OC tonight since I have a holster and MAN did I get some reactions... :lol: Not sure what I was expecting, but it was an experience no less.

Although I live in an open carry state, someone openly carrying a handgun could very easily end up with a disturbing the peace citation. You might want to consider that.

Tom

Never happen in Idaho. :D

mekender

Single-Sixer
since when is simply carrying a gun disturbing to the peace... if that were the case, cops would do it all the time...

looks like in NE, you have to have a permit to OC in some places...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum35/

i suspect that would violate Heller once it is incorporated since heller recognizes that some form of carrying (bearing) is constitutionally protected... if both open and concealed require a permit, then the state is violating your rights... course that argument is probably a decade of legal battles away...

tguil

Single-Sixer
ConradM":1ws559xc said:
tguil":1ws559xc said:
ConradM":1ws559xc said:

Tom

Never happen in Idaho. :D

I think that I'd like your state. Matter of fact -- been there and I do like it.

Oh, the "police thought" on open carry, in some places,especially (in large towns), is that it might cause some type of "ruckus". Go figure. In the country I carry daily as I live on a large acreage and am after feral cats, etc. I also usually have a Mark II sitting next to me on the front seat of my truck. As long as it is visible, it is OK by the law and most police officers.

Tom 8)

rich642z

Single-Sixer
I live here in Nebraska also and,I carry out in the open when I am working security and ccw with a permit when working plain clothes. that is working security in uniform when open carry and in Omaha where I live you have to have the Omaha Open Carry Card. For that you have to take a class separate from the ccw class. rich642z :oops:

tango6

Bearcat
Back to the original subject of holsters-received my fobus holster today and am not real excited about it. You have to be a lumberjack to get the SR9 out and there is no tension adjustment screw so I think it will be back on its way come monday.

mekender

Single-Sixer
tango6":2b23fdet said:
Back to the original subject of holsters-received my fobus holster today and am not real excited about it. You have to be a lumberjack to get the SR9 out and there is no tension adjustment screw so I think it will be back on its way come monday.

you have to draw from a very specific angle... exactly straight upward... it takes some getting used to but it should be fine...

tango6

Bearcat
that would be fine if all combat situations happened in an upright position. what happens if you happen to be on your back or your side? everybody to their own thing but mine is going back.

tango6

Bearcat
here is the response I got from fobus. I will try their suggestions and see if they work.

"If your holster is too tight:

1 The holster must be mounted on your belt NOT held in your hands and WITH THE WEAPON UNLOADED you must draw the weapon straight out of the holster along the line of the cant (this is a design feature to prevent others from taking your weapon). Your draw must be a quick pull without hesitation or stopping during the draw to overcome the passive retention system of Fobus holsters.

2 If the draw is still difficult. You can lubricate the inside of the holster (especially the trigger guard area) with a light gun oil, a silicone spray, or Armor All.

3) Spread the trigger guard area apart with your thumbs.

4) You can take a hair dryer to the trigger guard area of the holster while spreading the trigger guard area apart with your thumbs.

5) If the holster is still too tight, please contact us for a RMA # and we will exchange your holster for a new one."

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Phil LiVolsi,

mekender

Single-Sixer
i dont see where you are saying that fobus isnt a quality product... within 2 business days they responded to his concern and offered a replacement if the problem didnt go away... seems like damn good customer service to me...

tango6

Bearcat
I did the blow dryer thing last night and it worked like a charm. I have good retention and better extraction.

I'm satisfied and I told Fobus that in an email this morning.

tango6

Bearcat
I like the looks of the countryboy.

For some reason, yahoo will not let me "bookmark" your site. keeps telling me there has been an error and try again. don't know if it is your site or yahoo.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Looking for suggestions for a holster for my SR9. I have a unimax laser mounted on the rail. Any decent holsters out there that will accommodate the laser? I really don't want one of the nylon universal fit holsters that don't seem to fit anything.