SR45 feeding issues with SWC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xracer98

Bearcat
Just wondering is anyone else has had feeding issues with SWC bullets in the SR45. What have you done to correct it?

Thanks

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
what is the wt. and oal of swc you are using? is the charge a little light? did you do a plunk test? mine seems to eat any reasonably built bullet. I have a Galloway recoil setup that is 2#s over factory weight, and she still functions beautifully. accurate as hell too.

xracer98

Bearcat
I'm using 200 grain swc bullets with a col of 1.240.. These feed fine in my Xds, but I run into issues when using them with the SR 45.. First, I thought it was a crimping issue, but even with an extra heavy crimp, I still run into feeding issues. It will fire and feed say the first 5-6 and then I'll get a feed jam. It jams on the left corner of the barrel. It catches the edge of the bullet and case. I press the bullets so .020 -.030" of the edge is exposed..

The plunk test was good. 1.260 is the max that I saw for this barrel.. 1.250 is the max for my XD-S so I take them all to 1.240...

xracer98

Bearcat
Iron Mike Golf said:
Which SWC are you using? They ain't all the same.

Red River, Cast-N-Blast, Oregon Trail, Dardas... All result the same when used in the Sr 45..