SR22P Latch Failure

Help Support Ruger Forum:

agjames96

Bearcat
Having trouble with the search function, so bear with me...

My takedown latch just failed on my SR22P. Other than within the "POS" thread, I can't find much info on this.

Anyone had this failure? If so, I am assuming Ruger took care of it. Is that correct?

Normally I wouldn't worry about a Ruger warranty request, but I had my barrel threaded and am concerned that they might just tell me "tough poop". Anyone have any experience sending them modified firearms for repair?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Twoboxer

Single-Sixer
Call them - I've seen several other threads about latch failure, so - yes - Ruger knows it has happened more than once.

RUT

Single-Sixer
>>Anyone had this failure? If so, I am assuming Ruger took care of it. Is that correct?<<

Many many folks have had this problem, including me. And yes, Ruger will take care of it. Just call C.S. and they'll issue you a call tag for UPS. Takes a couple of weeks or less to get it back.

Barrel threading has nothing to do with the problem at hand.

agjames96

Bearcat
Thanks for the replies. Spoke to CS earlier today and have my pistol boxed up and ready to go.

I knew that the barrel had nothing to do with the failure, but manufacturers hate when someone other than them or authorized smiths do work to their guns.