SR1911c ???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Eric N.

Bearcat
Anybody herd any rumors? Also,how hard would it be to tool up to make these? Do the people from Ruger read this forum? If so,are there any members who work for Ruger? Thanks!!

The Wall

Single-Sixer
This question has been asked in here before. If you go through the threads you'll probably find it. Most believe the answer is not in the near future. I would think they would want to catch up with the one they're making now first. I think in the other thread people thought they would come out with a blued/black version first. We can only speculate right now. I wouldn't give rumors much heed. When I see it on the Ruger website or in a reputable gun magazine, then I'll believe it. I won't be buying one regardless of what it is. The one I have does everything I want it to do.

Colt Hammerless

Bearcat
I spoke with a rep at the Ruger booth at Winter Range, and asked about a compact. He said they won't be offering any new models until they can get caught up on producing the full size. I didn't think to ask about a blued version of the full size. I would love to see them offer an Officer's size frame with a 4 inch slide/barrel.

Verndog

Blackhawk
Colt Hammerless said:
He said they won't be offering any new models until they can get caught up on producing the full size.

I hope so, that is the right thing to do IMO. As far as a C goes...to me it makes about as much sense as building a hopped up VW bug.

Colt Hammerless

Bearcat
I agree about catching up on production first. I almost didn't ask, as I kind of figured what the answer would be. By the way, he mentioned how they had just increased production, which has been talked about on this forum, but he also said they're soon going to be increasing it even more.

Verndog

Blackhawk
buscadero said:
Verndog said:
As far as a C goes...to me it makes about as much sense as building a hopped up VW bug.

Then why did you buy the SR9C over the SR9? :?

SR9c is a lighter weight compact size more designed for CCW pistol, a 1911 "C" on the other hand by design is far from being ideal for lightweight CCW. Different tools for different jobs IMO. To me it's like using a framing hammer for finish work, it will do the job but there is something better.