SR1911 with Rail Out

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
Cheese you're starting to wig me out man. You seem just a little too knowledgeable about "Lance".

FWIW I believe they resolved the front sight issue. I haven't had any problem with mine.

I wouldn't want a rail on a 1911 but different strokes for different folks. I'm sure Ruger will make money off of them.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Mike J said:
Cheese you're starting to wig me out man. You seem just a little too knowledgeable about "Lance".

FWIW I believe they resolved the front sight issue. I haven't had any problem with mine.

I wouldn't want a rail on a 1911 but different strokes for different folks. I'm sure Ruger will make money off of them.

The front sight falling off was a metaphor, kinda like the end of The Great Gatsby.... :shock:

I guess I could reprise my battle of the Portland's (Maine vs Oregon). It was riveting.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz said:
revhigh said:
You're a sick pup Cheese !!!! :D

REV

There it was, the gun of his dreams, a Ruger SR1911 with a cast in tactical rail.

He was in love he had found the one gun as gay as him and he had to have it.

He gently placed it in the glass topped display case and the front sight fell off.

That pretty much says it all !!! :D

Never knew you were a writer Cheese ... Or is that from your autobiography ?

REV

Cheesewhiz said:
revhigh said:
Pink would look good on ya DA !!

REV

Is it wrong for a couple of guys getting together, wearing bathrobes and grilling up a few steaks?..........

All those damn wealthy bank managers and financial advisors getting together like this on the weekends, discussing things beyond your understanding while enjoying the company of gorgeous women?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Cheesewhiz said:
revhigh said:
Pink would look good on ya DA !!

REV

Is it wrong for a couple of guys getting together, wearing bathrobes and grilling up a few steaks?..........

All those damn wealthy bank managers and financial advisors getting together like this on the weekends, discussing things beyond your understanding while enjoying the company of gorgeous women?

I'll have to ask my banker wife (MBA of Finance DePaul U) why I never saw a crap load of hot chicks at her bank's get together's. Ahhh, probably not. :roll:

Bathrobes and steaks comes from an old comedy troupe, the Credibility Gap from the seventies.

....and Lance comes from this short, middle-aged, pudgy guy who hangs out at the local gunshop that dresses like Rambo and ...well, if he wore loafers they would be of a very light variety.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
It would not have a rail
Nor would it have a hump-ed tail

Nor would it be "plastique"
Tho Chumps consider that unique

It would be stoutly steel
With thin grips at the heel

It is for me you see
And not for crowds to please

It is my faithful.45, a gun to equalize
A threat to me or mine, no matter what the size

Rod

Cheesewhiz said:
revhigh said:

REV

Lance loved going to the local gunshop, all those guns and all those gun savvy men, it was just a marvelous place to be. He walked about the shop, his stumpy short chubby legs taking measured short steps, he fancied himself a tactical ninja with the grace of a fan dancer. He walked up to a display case that called his name it seemed. There it was, the gun of his dreams, a Ruger SR1911 with a cast in tactical rail, he asked politely but with a certain anxiousness to take a look at it and the clerk complied handing him this thing of beauty. Lance fondled it like it was alive and wanting him, he brushed the trigger and a quiver came upon him. He looked at it in his doughy fat hand and almost whimpered in delight, hoping no one heard him if he did. He imagined himself, wearing a quick release thigh holster that cut across the right leg of his tiger stripped camo pocketed tactical shorts, his Recon Marine earth tone t-shirt and a black SOG bandana tied around his round brow. Should he wear his hiking boots or his Roman inspired sandals, he couldn't decide. He was in love he had found the one gun as gay as him and he had to have it. He gently placed it in the glass topped display case and the front sight fell off.

I found Lance!

11921738_903784406369521_2566552921743168593_o_zpsamfx61kv.jpg

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Cheesewhiz said:
revhigh said:

REV

Lance loved going to the local gunshop, all those guns and all those gun savvy men, it was just a marvelous place to be. He walked about the shop, his stumpy short chubby legs taking measured short steps, he fancied himself a tactical ninja with the grace of a fan dancer. He walked up to a display case that called his name it seemed. There it was, the gun of his dreams, a Ruger SR1911 with a cast in tactical rail, he asked politely but with a certain anxiousness to take a look at it and the clerk complied handing him this thing of beauty. Lance fondled it like it was alive and wanting him, he brushed the trigger and a quiver came upon him. He looked at it in his doughy fat hand and almost whimpered in delight, hoping no one heard him if he did. He imagined himself, wearing a quick release thigh holster that cut across the right leg of his tiger stripped camo pocketed tactical shorts, his Recon Marine earth tone t-shirt and a black SOG bandana tied around his round brow. Should he wear his hiking boots or his Roman inspired sandals, he couldn't decide. He was in love he had found the one gun as gay as him and he had to have it. He gently placed it in the glass topped display case and the front sight fell off.

I found Lance!

11921738_903784406369521_2566552921743168593_o_zpsamfx61kv.jpg

Somewhere between that guy and this guy is more like it.

Mike J

Hunter
DA & Cheese those pictures make me glad I can usually find a place to shoot on private land. I did make one trip to an indoor range not too long ago. There were 3 people on the lane next to me shooting .44 caliber rifles. I didn't mind them being there or shooting. I didn't really get the point in shooting a rifle at less than 25 yards.They were shooting bigger groups than I did with a 3 1/8" barreled 9mm pistol. I guess they don't have anyone to teach them.