SR 1911 rust production dates?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Barbarosa99

Single-Sixer
Has anyone heard from Ruger when the quality control issue of rust was corrected, or if there is a serial number cutoff.

Brian48

Bearcat
I don't think Ruger has ever publicly acknowledged that this was known or chronic issue, let alone leak out any cut-off date to the buying market.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
One of my associates voiced a question: "I wonder if the Prescott Ruger site roof collapse due to water(rain), had anything to do with the possible contamination of those SR1911 guns you have been hearing about?" Anybody know any thing here?

accessbob

Bearcat
HAWKEYE#28 said:
One of my associates voiced a question: "I wonder if the Prescott Ruger site roof collapse due to water(rain), had anything to do with the possible contamination of those SR1911 guns you have been hearing about?" Anybody know any thing here?
Mine is affected and it was manufactured quite a bit before the roof collapse. So I doubt it has anything to do with it.

w5lx

Single-Sixer
Is anyone seeing rust on guns produced in the last few months? Latest serial numbers on the new guns I've looked at at the gun shows have been as high as 91XXX.

kebwizrd

Bearcat
I just picked up a 91xxx series serial number 2 weeks. Spent brass was dated 8/23/13. Had them take off the grips before I purchased. No rust or anything... Shoots like a dream..... I will keep an eye it for anyway just to make sure nothing appears...

w5lx

Single-Sixer
kebwizrd said:
I just picked up a 91xxx series serial number 2 weeks. Spent brass was dated 8/23/13. Had them take off the grips before I purchased. No rust or anything... Shoots like a dream..... I will keep an eye it for anyway just to make sure nothing appears...

So far, the highest serial number with rust I've seen has been 84XXX.

OnTheSide

Bearcat
Took mine to range after many months. Ammo is just now showing up on some shelves in Florida. When cleaning it today I noticed a discoloration on the very back of the trigger. Could be rust, don't know, but it wiped off with some solvent. My son, a former stainless steel welder, says that stainless does not mean rust-less.

Latest posts