sp101,lcr, price flip flop?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i bought a lcr 9mm right before christmas. the 9mm and 357 were the same price and since i had several thousand rds of ammo i got the 9mm. regular price was $480+tax and the sp101 was $509+tax. i go to the shop a few days ago, they got a new sp101 in and it's $529+tax they have a lcr on order and i was told they would be at least $539-$549 for the 9mm,357 or 327. why did the lcr pass the sp101 in price? i was just wondering. i called a few more shops and they were out but if they ordered then the lcr would be more. just thought someone might know, i would think the sp101 should be more. thanks

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
I always thought that sometimes Ruger will produce a batch of a particular model and maybe wait several months ( or longer) before making them again. When that batch comes to market, sometimes that price may drop just a touch as the batch gets circulated around. During these periods between production, prices sometimes drift back up and the model temporarily becomes harder to find for a while.

I find Davidsons site to be very useful for that very reason. Sometimes they will show a gun to be "on sale". Now, I have never actually bought anything by ordering from them directly, but it is s great tool in telling me if something may get "momentarily cheaper".

A good example is the SP 101 3" barrel 38 special only. There are 99 there now. Maybe more behind that-who knows. I have an original one of these from the early 90's. Now I may buy one of the new issues, but not at $525 or higher.
If they cheapen- then I may find one on GB (or here).

The other thing is the wealth of knowledge contained right here on this site. Someone here I think first alerted me to the SP101. By pooling our info here, we help each other and frequently get stuff at great prices.

In summary, if you see a something at a real good price, you got the cash, you may want to strike while the iron is hot.

Flatbush

gramps

Hawkeye
Back in March at the Smoky Mtn Knife Works the LCR 3 inch barreled .38 was $387.00. I almost bought one.
gramps

Latest posts