SP-101 Hammer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

debent55

Bearcat
Yes they will interchange
HOWEVER
Ruger most always only replaces parts to the original way it left the factory.
HTH
don

piccolo

Bearcat
debent55 said:
HOWEVER
HTH
don

Thanks, I'll give them a call Monday to see if they will do the job or sell the part.

piccolo

Bearcat
piccolo said:
debent55 said:
HOWEVER
HTH
don

Thanks, I'll give them a call Monday to see if they will do the job or sell the part.
Called this AM - they will do the change but won't estimate the cost up front. the drill is to send in the gun and they will send the estimate before proceeding. This means I have to pay the mail fee (UPS 2 day) there and back + cost of replacement. I don't understand why they can't give a ball park number up front so I can determine if the job is worth the cost.
Also they will not sell the spur hammer assembly separately so I can have a 'smith install it.

Gutshot

Single-Sixer
You may be able to find a spurred hammer at Numerich that is what I did, replacing the the DAO hammer is ver easy on an sp101, you may want to give it a try before sending it off to a smithy.

my 2 cents
Jeff

piccolo

Bearcat
Gutshot said:
You may be able to find a spurred hammer at Numerich that is what I did, replacing the the DAO hammer is ver easy on an sp101, you may want to give it a try before sending it off to a smithy.
my 2 cents
Jeff
That's the way I'll go, unfortunately they don't have the part right now so I'll check back with them frequently while searching for another source.