SP-101 hammer swap

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, Numrich Gun parts sells a lot of used gun parts,, when they have some in stock,, you can get one. You can place a WTB ad here too in the classifieds.

JLarsson

Single-Sixer
If you want "hammerless" and know you won't want to go back, you don't need a new hammer - just somebody to bob the old one.

I bought a SP-101 that was hammerless and Numrich had some regular hammers in stock at the time. It took a bit of fitting to get everything right, but now I can change hammers whichever way I want.

nicktulloh

Bearcat
JLarsson":1ddzw6pj said:
If you want "hammerless" and know you won't want to go back, you don't need a new hammer - just somebody to bob the old one.

I bought a SP-101 that was hammerless and Numrich had some regular hammers in stock at the time. It took a bit of fitting to get everything right, but now I can change hammers whichever way I want.

How long ago was that? I'll just keep an eye on the Numrich stock if that's the case. I thought Ruger wouldn't sell them at all. Do you recall the price? By fitting do you mean shims?

Ruger wants $100 to trade hammers but then I don't get to keep my original. I live right down the street and they also wouldn't let me just drop it off, it would have to go to the FFL down the street from them who, I guess, would cross the street with it. ??

JLarsson

Single-Sixer
It was almost a year ago and I bought a spurred hammer from them. It was less than $30 for the hammer, iirc. By "fitting", I mean that after I put the spurred hammer in, I couldn't cock the revolver without starting the trigger back first. So I had to fit a new pawl and also a small piece down inside the trigger group, the trigger plunger. This I also got from Numrich.

nicktulloh

Bearcat
JLarsson":11m9loro said:
It was almost a year ago and I bought a spurred hammer from them. It was less than $30 for the hammer, iirc. By "fitting", I mean that after I put the spurred hammer in, I couldn't cock the revolver without starting the trigger back first. So I had to fit a new pawl and also a small piece down inside the trigger group, the trigger plunger. This I also got from Numrich.

Got it, thanks much.