Sometimes ya meet the nicest folks...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Like when getting together with a fellow forum member. One thing in common is RUGERS!!! :lol: So the guns come out and we're in good company... He goes deep into the dark recesses of some back room and drags out an Old Model .44 Super Blackhawk. Someone has drilled and tapped the top strap and mounted a Leupold Base with some kinda 4-X scope...
It was a gun that was sent to Ruger some time ago for some blueing to cover a scratch. Of course, they converted it over to the transfer bar safety system and sent the ol' parts back with the gun... But when they converted it, they used a Blackhawk Hammer instead of a Super Blackhawk Hammer! Did they not have Super Hammers when the conversions started?
Do all Supers that get converted, end up with a Blackhawk Hammer? Was it done by mistake or is that just how they did 'em???
It didn't make it very convenient to cock it with the scope on there and I encouragerd the forum member to UN-convert it. I would've done it for him, but after seeing how badly scratched my guns are, from where the screwdriver slipped a few times, and then there were the busted off screws on my guns... Well, he wouldn't dare let me help him out with that there gun! :lol:

Redstick

Single-Sixer
So is that how it is still done? Or do they get a Super Hammer when they get converted nowadays?

Latest posts