SOMETHING I'D LIKE TO SHARE [PIC HEAVY]

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cruzerlou

Buckeye
I've been thinking about my Mom a lot lately and would like to share some of her paintings with y'all ,She loved to paint and though she wasn't a Rembrandt I think she was pretty good at still life's ,so here they are.Now Mom never named any of her paintings so I've taken the liberty of nameing a few of them ,
This is my favroite and it's the only one she ever did on black velvet
and I just call it Geese ,I want to have it refraimed and have a small light mounted behind the sun in it ,I've seen this done and it really enhances the look of the painting ,
LousPics518.jpg

These next three are a set she did and have matching frames ,
LousPics191.jpg

LousPics190.jpg

LousPics189.jpg

This one she did two of a winter and a summer scine My sister has the summer one and I've got this and I call it Through the Window
LousPics520.jpg

This one I call ,The Huntin Shack,
LousPics521.jpg

This one is called Cabin In the Rockies ,and the frame on this has been in our faimly for at least 100 years,
LousPics529.jpg

this one is called Winter Mill
LousPics531.jpg

This ones called Sailing in the Sound ,
LousPics525.jpg

This is The Pond
LousPics526.jpg

This is ,Loanly Beach st Sunset,
LousPics188.jpg

and the rest of these ane her flower paintings ,These were her favroites ,
The frame on this one has been in the faimly 100 or more years too
LousPics532.jpg

LousPics522.jpg

LousPics192.jpg

Man I really miss her ,
I hope y'all enjoy them ,
Lou

Pal Val

Buckeye
Real talent! You can see a certain evolution in style that only real artists develop. This is a fine collection!

I've learned a lot about art from my youngest son, who is an artist.

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Thank you so much for sharing her work with us. Clearly her work shows her talent and how much she loved painting. You are lucky to have so much of her work to remember her by.

VQ

P.S I'm partial to her floral paintings - lovely

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Beautiful Lou,
much better than a lot of the "artists" paintings I saw come through the Art and Craft store where I worked until April of 2009; We had a frame shop with a professional picture framer. Occasionally, he's stop me to take a look at some "Masterpiece" that the artist wanted a couple of thousand dollars for and we would both have a laugh.

welder

Buckeye
Lou those are very good to my untrained eye. She obviously had a ton of talent. You should be very proud and justifiably so. Thanks Bro.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Very impressive! Can't decide on my favorite, but it would be one of the winter scene paintings.
Also like that piece of antique oak furniture under Winter Mill. Is it a side by side bookcase secretary? I love antique oak furniture too.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Colonel Daddy yes it's a secretary that my great great grand mother had . It had been painted black? by someone and for my moms birthday in 1969 my grand dad striped and re finished it .It's solit oak and has the pineapple top decorations and lions feet in the front .I also have the morror that goes in it and it;s lead backed glass and has a beveled edege .Mon kepy it untill she had to move in with my brother so she gave it to me .Being that my great great grand ma owned it I'd think it's at least 150 years old.We really don't have room for it and it's about a foot wider than the wall it's up agenast but thats the only place we could fit it .As soon as I can get rid if the clutter around it ,I'll take pics of it and post them .I'd never sell it ,but I've been told there worth a lot of money and this ones in real good shape .And BTW good eye that you cuaght it for what it is .
Lou

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Lou, the greatest value is in knowing the paintings were done by your talented mother and the antique furniture was brought back to show it's true beauty by your grandfather. Just can't put a $$$$ value on that!