So what's it worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tom black

Blackhawk
I know of a Ruger OM FT 357, serial number 11xxx, made in '58. It is in excellent overall condition. No box or papers. What is it worth? Thanks.
Tom

Good question, depends on how bad someone "needs" the one you have ( pucker factor)
I've had two of them the past two months 5 guns shows no one even looks at them one shortie 4 digit number nice shape and a mint 6 1/2 in 5 digit number ( 1956 & 1960)
NO TAKERS at $650 or $850 and was open to offers.........hhhmmm oh well there is next year......

Merry Christmas !!

Cholo

Staff member
You didn't mention the bbl. length. I, too, have noticed a soft market. I recently looked at my gun inventory and how I valued my Rugers last Jan. I'll be adjusting some down, none up. It's a buyer's market. Enjoy it! :)

Very soft indeed. A friend just picked up a SS SP101 like new, in the box with the papers, for $400. He had his choice of 2 of them both listed on a local forums. He picked the one closest to him and got her done. I know I would not part with either of mine for $400. Another seller has a SS 2 3/4" Security Six posted for $550. It has over 3000 looks and not a single response. Of course I figure 1/2 of those are guys like me checking back to see if the seller gets a clue and comes down on the price. :lol:

AJGUNNER said:
Very soft indeed. A friend just picked up a SS SP101 like new, in the box with the papers, for $400. He had his choice of 2 of them both listed on a local forums. He picked the one closest to him and got her done. I know I would not part with either of mine for $400. Another seller has a SS 2 3/4" Security Six posted for $550. It has over 3000 looks and not a single response. Of course I figure 1/2 of those are guys like me checking back to see if the seller gets a clue and comes down on the price. :lol:

That's getting more common these days in the $400-$425 range for like new. I've picked up a couple recently. Traded one for a like new 2-3/4" Ruger Security Six Blue. I might have a little much into it, but will probably hang on to it. That's a $100 drop on what it was several months ago on the SP's.

lark63

Single-Sixer
I'm sure a lot by your description.

Seriously most people over rate their guns because of a personal attachment.
Example- NEW IN BOX only fired 6 rounds

Hunter6657

Single-Sixer
Well you can't start low and work your way back high unless it's on an auction. You can offer less and get a no or counter offer however.
I do that on the local classifieds and come down to the price I'll actually take after taking "some" off the price for a bottom dollar deal.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Prices are very soft but great if you are a buyer. At the last show I pick up a S&W 67-1 and 67-5 with box and papers each for $300.00 and a Super Blackhawk SS 10-1/2 for $375 from another dealer.