Pawn shop finds yesterday…Updated! Got it!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I bought one of the Bisley Blackhawk 44 Special Flat Tops back in 2019 and a great shooter for the $570 bucks I spent!
Love the Bisley. Great price too!

I just spoke with Ronnie this afternoon. The middle gripframe, the Dealer, will be going on this one. Cocobolo grip panels. It's a mashup of Bisley and XR3-RED with extra length and knuckle room.

I have plans for the other 2 Gripframes also…
Randy Statton.jpeg

Heres a line drawing of a Dealer (in black) over an XR3-RED (in red)

IMG_8906.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the Bisley. Great price too!

I just spoke with Ronnie this afternoon. The middle gripframe, the Dealer, will be going on this one. Cocobolo grip panels. It's a mashup of Bisley and XR3-RED with extra length and knuckle room.

I have plans for the other 2 Gripframes also…
View attachment 43087
Heres a line drawing of a Dealer (in black) over an XR3-RED (in red)

View attachment 43089

That's intriguing. How does one go about getting one of these "Dealer" gripframes? Looks like a good fit for my hands. :)

That's intriguing. How does one go about getting one of these "Dealer" gripframes? Looks like a good fit for my hands. :)

The above link takes you to the Dealer product page.

You will have to create an account. The website is a bit complicated to navigate- to find the products, click the 3 bars on the upper left. Then when the drop down shows up select products, right side. Then select grip frames, 2 screw or 3 screw, then originals, then scroll down to Dealer and select options- brass or aluminum, standard or Bisley trigger guard.

Aluminum is $300 and brass $350. Then chose grips if you want them.

You can spend a lot of time looking at all the available grips. And sights, triggers, hammers, tool…

Do me a favor- if you buy please leave a note to Ronnie that Randy from Oregon sent you. I'd appreciate it!

Also- for a lot more info look here:

Again, set up an account so you can see the pictures and be prepared for a few hours of good reading.

Last edited:

The above link takes you to the Dealer product page.

You will have to create an account. The website is a bit complicated to navigate- to find the products, click the 3 bars on the upper left. Then when the drop down shows up select products, right side. Then select grip frames, 2 screw or 3 screw, then originals, then scroll down to Dealer and select options- brass or aluminum, standard or Bisley trigger guard.

Aluminum is $300 and brass $350. Then chose grips if you want them.

You can spend a lot of time looking at all the available grips. And sights, triggers, hammers, tool…

Do me a favor- if you buy please leave a note to Ronnie that Randy from Oregon sent you. I'd appreciate it!

Also- for a lot more info look here:

Again, set up an account so you can see the pictures and be prepared for a few hours of good reading.

Awesome, thank you! I will definitely mention you if I decide to purchase. Looks like I have research to do. :D

Jon406

Single-Sixer
I like pawn shop finds... I'll be picking up my layaway here this next month, a Ruger NM Vaquero .45 Colt.

Very subjective question.

For me it's a hard NO as I have no use for a special in any caliber and also because I will likely never buy another New Model.
I understand- and this wasn't a purchase that I had planned. I too had decided no more NM's. But I did want a mid frame .44 with a 4 5/8 barrel. I am also OK with the special. So this fits the bill.

larry8

Single-Sixer
I just got back from visiting 2 Pawn shops. I had 3 guns that I didn't want any more, a NA Arms break top with 2 cylinders ($615 new), a Tisass 9 mm with threaded barrel ($350 new), and a Ruger American (base model) (about $600 new). The first pawn shop didn't want any of them but offered me $200 for the Ruger. I left and went to the second pawn shop and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I walked out with a S&W M&P SHIELD EZ, and a Ruger American Pro Comp, and $140 in my pocket. Overall a gooood day. Got them home and in my register book. Now to take them apart for cleaning and oiling.

larry8

Single-Sixer
I took apart the Ruger and cleaned, oiled, and put it back together with no problem or difficulty. Not so for the S&W, although both were new and I have taken apart many S&W's, this one proved to fight me all the way. I took it apart and cleaned and oiled it, but that was the end of the fun. I put the slide back on and I heard a click then the slide would not go to the rear to rotate the lock lever. It also wouldn't go forward at all. Seems like it is held in place by something under the slide. Now the damn slide won't come off no matter what I do to it. I'll send an Email to S&W and see if they will tell me what to do with it, or in worse case send it to them.

Latest posts