Smaller grips for GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Flashman

Bearcat
The currently offered factory Houge grip is quite large, and certainly too large for me. It seems from my search that aftermarket replacements are large as well? Any suggestions on small grips for a GP100?

loiblb

Single-Sixer
I just replaced my rosewood insert grips with the Hogue monogrip.
It had the large rosewood insert. Seem I saw a small wood insert grip out there. Maybe someone can shed some light.

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
Try to find yourself a pair of the factory Gp100 "Compact" grips. If you place an add in the classifieds, I'd bet someone's got a pair they'd part with.

DSCF1287.jpg

If you can't find those, Ruger still has the older factory rubber grips that are a bit smaller than the Hogues. I believe they come with dark wood inserts now.

pyth0n

Buckeye
Check Midway. They have the factory rubber grips for both fixed and adjustable sight. You'll have to get inserts else where. 41magnum in this forum makes them.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=60533

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
GP-100 Compact Grip
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=880222

Or you can sand and shape the Hogue grip to improve the fit a bit. I got closer to the trigger by sanding the area where the web of your hand goes, by sanding off some of the palm swell and I did the finger grooves to match my hand better.

000_0002.jpg

...Jimbo

Flashman

Bearcat
Jimbo,

I like what you did for the Hogues's. I think I will place around with mine as a temporary solution.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Flashman said:
Jimbo,

I like what you did for the Hogues's. I think I will place around with mine as a temporary solution.
I used a small drum sander in a cordless drill for most of the shaping although some medium sandpaper wrapped around a wooden dowel would work also. There is quite a bit of 'meat' where the web of you hand goes that can be taken down. If you take too much off the backstrap the hard white inner plastic will show through. 8) 8)

...Jimbo

jimd441

Blackhawk
had the same problem with my hands bing too small to properly fit the Hogue grips. My solution was to buy the old style rubber / rosewood insert grips. I believe that Brownells still has them.

Jim

Flashman

Bearcat
I am really disappointed. It appears there are no after market small grips made for the GP 100. The old style fixed sighted factory grips are not available from Brownell's or Midway (backorder until 4-27-11?). I understand they are no longer made so I don't if they are available at all.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Put a WTB ad in the classified section of the forum. I am sure some will turn-up. ...or you could look on gunbroker.com. 8) 8)

...Jimbo

CigarGuy

Bearcat
Flashman, keep us apprised of what/when you find them, please? I shot my 4" last Sunday for the first time and am about 80% sure I need smaller grips too. So, once you find yours, a heads up would be appreciated?

Naphtali

Single-Sixer
Flashman said:
The currently offered factory Houge grip is quite large, and certainly too large for me. It seems from my search that aftermarket replacements are large as well? Any suggestions on small grips for a GP100?
I have a Ruger compact grip, originally intended for 3-inch fixed sighted GP, but have zero idea of their value.

gstan1919

Single-Sixer
I ordered a grip from these guys. It comes with the wood inserts and all hardware.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=288170&filter=gp+100+grips&catid=0

patcannon

Single-Sixer
Flashman said:
I am really disappointed. It appears there are no after market small grips made for the GP 100. The old style fixed sighted factory grips are not available from Brownell's or Midway (backorder until 4-27-11?). I understand they are no longer made so I don't if they are available at all.
Have you looked at Trausch [OK I was just at their web site and it's a pain] or Badger or Eagle?