Small lightweight (under 1 pound) snubnose revolvers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

20230630_014801.jpg

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I'm getting a 642 Performance Center shortly
It'll mainly be for the wife if she can handle the recoil. She's fired my Colt 1911, Sig 228 with +P without issue but that wee S&W can be a stoutish pocket rocket with defensive ammo. If she doesn't like it I'll gladly keep it for myself and find her something else, .380 something I guess. I have a Beretta 84F but that's too large for a purse, pocketbook carry.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Smith and Wesson 638 Airweight with a Tyler T-Grip and "pacifier"! The thumper weighs more than the revolver and commands instant respect. 14 ounce cable jack named Strother in honor of "The Captain" in Cool Hand Luke.... "What we got here is failure to communicate"!!View attachment 31636
Gotta love those Lock Delete kits...I've installed several in my Smith's as well. 👍

magnum0710

Bearcat
I miss my snubby, but mine was heavy! I had the EAA 357 and didn't think I'd carry it once I got my Security Six. I'm considering getting a smaller light weight snub nose. I found a great deal on a used S&W 637 the shop wanted $300 but someone already got it by the time I went to get it.
The Taurus snubs are bigger than the J frame and LCR so I don't think they'd be great for pocket carry. If it's going to be a hip gun I might as well go with a steel one. I'm considering a Rock Island 206 as a beater gun, it's a copy of the Colt Detective Special but dimensionally it's the same size as the 637. Basically a cheaper, all steel, 6 shot 637. They make a spurless version too.

Latest posts