Slab Side Mark II

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I took my Slab Side Mark II to the indoor range on Wednesday. I finished cleaning it today and when I put it back together the trigger wouldn't engage. I tried to move the safety but it wouldn't move. The trigger acts like the safety is on. Any suggestions?? :( :(

Paul S.
West Tennessee

GasGuzzler

Hunter
The dangly thing on the hammer is not in the proper position. Unload it and drop the maga, pull the mainspring lever out then pick up on the instructions from there to reassemble.

Gas, I have everything back together right. The bolt will pull back but the trigger acts like the safety is on but it is in the fire position. When I try to push the safety it won't engage to on then off.

cadillo

Blackhawk
Strip it again. I bet that once the mainspring housing and bolt are removed, the safety will work as intended.

Did you remove the grips for cleaning? This can cause the sear pin to move out of place, which can cause a number of issues.

Strip it again and remove the grips checking the placement of the sear and hammer pivot pins. When you replace the mainspring housing, go slowly, and you should feel some spring induced resistance just as it finally goes into place. This is the hammer strut compressing the mainspring plunger and spring. If you don't feel this, it's going together wrong and will not work.

Thanks Bearcat. I did remove the grips for cleaning. I wasn't haven't these problems until I removed them. I will check everything you suggested.

Paul S

Latest posts