Six series disassembly instructions website

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Uhhh Ron,, remember we now have folks who think a manual is too boring or complicated. They think the internet is THE only source of info! :D :D

Good post,, for those who don't have a manual. ;)

I recently picked up a 4" security six off a local forum. Met the seller at my FFL. He had owned it for 10+ years and you should have seen his eyes get big when I quickly stripped it down. He said he never messes with taking a firearm apart being afraid of not being able to get it back together. I went out of my way to show and tell him the part about snapping the trigger group back in. For those that may not know----be very careful to make sure you have no skin in the gap when it snaps into place. Once these snap into place if you have any hand skin--thumb web caught in the gap, it is really not fun trying to get it back apart to release yourself---especially one handed. Just a little life lesson I learned long ago. Same scenario when doing the same with a redhawk. Oh ya, after assembly I let the seller take it back down and put it back together. He was kicking himself for not knowing how simple it was.