Six months of waiting... SR1911 just arrived

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerhouse

Bearcat
Six months ago I placed an order for a SR1911. It came in yesterday!

The LGS I buy from had them in stock for a few weeks after they were first introduced and I passed. I figured I could pick one up at any time. As we all know I was wrong on that one.

I plan on taking it out tomorrow to break it in. It is a beautiful gun!

93851460.jpg

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
Let me be the first to say congrats.....you will love it !!!!

What brands/types of ammo will you use?

rugerhouse

Bearcat
That is a good question. If you have any suggestions let me know. I have a collection of random 45ACP sitting around, but tend to shoot until I find a round that fits me well. We will just be starting that process tomorrow.

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
rugerhouse said:
That is a good question. If you have any suggestions let me know. I have a collection of random 45ACP sitting around, but tend to shoot until I find a round that fits me well. We will just be starting that process tomorrow.

I just ran Federal and WWB ball ammo through it for the 1st 200 rounds,got it dailed in for that,and then experimented with JHP.I found the Hornaday Critical Defense/Zombie Max and Federal HST 100% reliable.

DemskeetSkeet

Bearcat
Beautiful picture and congrats.

Been waiting on mine since the Ruger email came in and still haven't seen it.

Keep us updated on how you're liking it!

SR1911Fan

Bearcat
Congratulations!

I got one a couple of weeks ago. It just showed up at my LGS. I snapped it up.

All I have run through it is handloads with cast bullets. It likes the Lee copy of the H&G 68 and the Lee 225 TC. it does not like the Lee 230 RN. it also wants a rather tight taper crimp applied. The chamber seems a bit tighter then either of my Taurus PT1911's (1 blue, 1 stainless).

Again congrats! The gun will be worth the wait.