Single Six Vaquero vs 32 Buckeye value question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rat76

Single-Sixer
I didn't know about the Ruger Vaquero until this year. Yeah, I've been living under a rock.

Anyway, I have a Buckeye in 32mag / 32-20 that I'd like to trade off. I was wondering what it's value is compared to a Baby Vaquero in 32 mag.

The Buckeye is in excellent shape. I bought it some time ago, LNIB & have only had it out to the range a couple of times.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Guess it depends on what you want to do with it.
If you want to shoot "Top End " 32-20 or 32 mag out of a single action, the Buckeye is priceless.
If you want to shoot cowboy action with accurate low recoil single action, the little Vaquero is also priceless.
If you go looking for both you will find maybe 5 or 6 32 Vaqueros for every Buckeye you find but neither is common.
A lot of talk with no real answer?
Well, like all guns ,there is no scale of such things. It's worth what it is worth to you.

Rat76

Single-Sixer
To be honest I got the Buckeye to have a Ruger in 32-20 to go with my Great Grandpa's Colt Army Special in that caliber. When searching for the BH I ran across a 9 1/2" Single Six in 32 mag. Got both of them.

Fast forward, I recently traded for a SAA clone in 32-20, love the SS 32 mag & realized that the Buckeye is the heaviest BH I own. Also, the Buckeye is too valuable to keep, if that makes sense. A baby Vaquero would pair quite nicely with the SAA & fill the square the Buckeye currently occupies.

I'm just plinking & I've found that with my ageing eyes the fixed gutter sights work better for me.

Here are a couple I bought for shooting one handed in SASS. At the time Ruger had a hard time selling them so they were discounted. I paid $237 each. You can go on Gun Broker completed auctions to get an idea of the value.
Yep when you take a full size gun and punch little holes they get heavy. I had a heavy 32 Buckeye at one time. I like my Vaqueroets much better. A 32 Mag makes for a fun load a light powder and bullet makes for a cheap load.

A consecutive serial number pair.

1704477896942.png

1704477816100.png

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I agree the Buckeye is worth more than a .32 H&R fixed sight Single Six, but if you want to sell it, I was contacted by a guy 2 days ago who is looking for a 32-20 Ruger and would buy either a Buckeye or one of the 32-20 x .32 H&R full size Vaqueros (have you heard about those? They are rarer than a Buckeye). I can put you in touch with him if you like.