Simulated Ivory Grips From Ruger?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Glupy

Blackhawk
Kuna, Idaho - a sparkling jewel in a park-like set
Has anyone purchased and installed the simulated ivory grips that Ruger sells at SHOPRUGER.COM?

I am particularly interested in whether they are wider than the cheese-grater grips and how they look on a blue revolver.

I realize that other makers have similar products too.

Thanks for the help.
Dave

SimIvoryGrips.jpg

lfpiii

Blackhawk
They are the same size and just feel like plastic to me. I am going to post some pictures of grips made for me out of Corian. The guy that makes them is a true artist.

I'd be interested to know about these as well. Are they just pure white or that "off-white" of ivory. Will they yellow with age or stay as new? Although I suppose that depends upon the amount of usage too...

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Not big on ivory myself. The ones made from holly wood have a similar appearance and give a slight grain look to them. No plastic feel either.

gc70

Bearcat
Kevin said:
I'd be interested to know about these as well. Are they just pure white or that "off-white" of ivory. Will they yellow with age or stay as new? Although I suppose that depends upon the amount of usage too...

The Altamont grips are not white. I do not know how the grips age. The Altamont grips are 15%-20% thicker than factory grips.

batmann

Single-Sixer
I have the same grips on my blued .44S Flattop and they are slightly wider than the original grips. They are not custom, but suit my purposes until I can get a true custom set. I also have a set a of Corian from 41 Magnum that are very nice that reside on my SS .44S Flattop.