Sight Pusher for Marks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I haven't had the need to push a Ruger rear sight with a sight pusher. At least any of the rear sights.
I think many of the tool makers of sight pushers don't offer them for round receivers due to the many varied sizes of the receivers. It's easy to find a pusher for "flat" surfaces.
I'll have to check my pusher to see if it can do round receivers. Been a while since I had mine out.

blammer

Single-Sixer
Interested to hear. I've not wanted to try it.

But I have a Necstar VISM sight pusher that works well for its intended 'squareish' slides. It is very adjustable and has inserts that allow for some various shape differences.

If one of their included inserts did not work, I'd think it would be fairly easy to fashion a custom insert. Something like getting a piece of wood, drilling a hole in it close to the slide diameter, then cutting it down the middle. Put one of the pieces on each side as an insert and try it.

Wheeler has a pusher as well (I don't have that one, though I've been pleased with most of their stuff).

Dan in MI

Staff member
Making inserts for the NcStar would be a piece of cake.

I'd take 1-1/4-1-1/2 oak. Cut dado's in the sides to match the square side with a factory insert in place. (easy square cuts) then drill 1" and split in half. Add a groove for the pusher if required.

Dan in MI

Staff member
VERY crude drawing

Capturepusher.JPG

contender

Ruger Guru
My sight pusher is like the one pictured above. it didn't come with dovetailed inserts for a round receiver. You'd have to make them, as noted above.