Should we have a dedicated AR 15 forum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Should we add an AR15 Forum?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 246 43.2%
  • No, thank you.

Votes: 324 56.8%

• Total voters
Though I don't own one I don't see the need for another 'section'. This is a Ruger site. If we start a separate section for every type gun where does one say "no more?". It would be like having a section for Savage and Winchester and Weatherby etc. I don't see the need.

First, let me applaud LCP22LR for allowing the members here to have a say in what the admin/ownership add or delete from this forum. Even though my first loves, Ruger wise, are the old WBR firearms, I think the original SR series and now the AR and SFAR firearms are worthy of their own dedicated sub-forum and the reality is, we want to engage younger members and want to continue to get the younger folks to share our fondness for all things Ruger, we need to have content that they will find interesting.

I still want a XGI, but the SFAR sure looks interesting🤣

Let me add that it should be for the Ruger offerings in that category, and not just another AR forum, after all, we added a 1911 forum even though we already had a semi-auto pistol forum

Last edited:

FFguide

Bearcat
I have M4s but, there are many forums devoted to that platform. I guess if it was a separate forum, those who have an intrest would visit. I may also visit myself. So yes, if it doesn't interfere.

I'm not against it or anything, and I know that a whole bunch of folks swear by the platform, so it may be something good for the forum itself. However, I am answering no based on my personal interest. Between forums, the news yakkers, and everywhere else, I'm just sort of burned out on ARs . I would much rather see ( unless it's here and I haven't found it) a forum dedicated to hard to find parts, ammo, guns, and accessories with everyone helping everyone else solve these problems.

silverback

Blackhawk
I voted yes but there already us a great resource and forum about ar15. Ar15.com. but I believe we do need to educate so the more the better

jimd441

Blackhawk
I have no interest in AR or similar rifles, but understand that others do. So, I would not participate personally, but if there is enough interest then go for it.

Jim

mjh

Single-Sixer
So long as this is a Ruger oriented forum, I think I would rather see longarms spit up into bolt action, single shot, semi auto, and shotgun designations. That way I know when I choose area area I kind of knowing going in what the topics are going to be focused on.

Keep rimfires where they are.