SHOT SHOW report - Lipsey Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveinvegas

Bearcat
A secret location in the Nevada desert 70 miles so
I went to SHOT Monday and saw Lipsey's new Rugers.

New Model Super Blackhawk (50th Anniversary I think) is very nice with gold bands on the cylinder. Very nice polished deep blue finish. Must have one.

Lipsey also has blue and stainless Vaqueros in .44 special. Of course I had to tell them they missed it a bit by not including a .44-40 cylinder.

Mike Martin from Ruger told me to see Jason (forgot to get his last name, sorry) with Lipsey about a question I had about Rugers (Mr. Martin said Jason is THE Ruger expert).

Anyway, I wanted to know if I could install a birdshead grip frame from a .32 H&R (single-six?) on my NMV. The answer was "yes."

Now all I have to do is find one and swap the grip frames and put a shorter barrel on the Vaquero.

I spoke with Mr Martin for some time. He was amused when I said "I suppose you hear this all the time but Ruger should . . ."

He said (I didn't know this but I should have) that you can make suggestions on Ruger's web site (they get thousands per day) and Ruger does consider what their customers want.

I, somewhat jokingly, told him I thought it was a mistake to have dropped the Old Army. He took it well. Very nice man.

I told him I thought I had a decent collection of SA Rugers until I saw how many some of the folks listed here in another thread. He said I had a nice starter collection but they had plenty for me to buy.

As an aside, RCBS has some nice new products. Those folks are great. I told them that I had an idea to improve one of their products; they said send it to em and they would take a look.

I told them that I like the universal hand priming tool (the spring loaded one) but, and before I could finish the gentleman I was speaking with said "some cases pop out." I said, "Exactly, like the .45 Colt."

Boge

Single-Sixer
daveinvegas said:
...I told them that I like the universal hand priming tool (the spring loaded one) but, and before I could finish the gentleman I was speaking with said "some cases pop out." I said, "Exactly, like the .45 Colt."

Solution: Lee hand primer. :p :wink:

BuddyG

Bearcat
I had that problem with the RCBS new hand primer....guess what? The brass was not centered, push it in, give it a half turn and it will center over the primer and you won't have another pop out. It's so simple it is silly, and it like to have drove me crazy!

Latest posts