Shootists Blackhawk Bisley .44 Special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
I just acquired a "1985 - Shootists 25th Anniversary - 2010" Ruger New Model Blackhawk Bisley .44 Special from a fellow Shootist who had an extra revolver.

The high polish blue is stunning and I find the oxblood laminate handles set if off perfectly to my eyes.

I can't wait to shoot it!

Brules

Single-Sixer
Did the gun come with the #5 basepin? I assume someone added it.

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Brules said:
Did the gun come with the #5 basepin? I assume someone added it.

It did. The original base pin is in the box. The base pins all had the number 25 (for Shootists 25th Anniversary) stamped on the end.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Great looking gun and a fine holster also, a really classy outfit!

2 dogs

Buckeye
There are a number of guys who own that model as well as the one referred to as the "mistake" version who complain the front sight is a bit too short. There are a couple of options, one of which is of course to pin in a new taller front blade. That however will of course ruin any collector value. The other and more simple option is to simply shoot a lighter bullet. Here is a link to a group buy for a 185 grain .44 Special bullet that should get the Shootists 44 Special on paper as well as have all sorts of other useful applications like be a dandy for Charter Bulldogs and Smith 329s and such.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?359499-180-Grain-Large-HP-Miha-44-SWCHP